“A Very Nice, New Or Renovated Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in El Reno
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“A Very Nice, New Or Renovated Hotel”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Not Sure Whether This Hotel Is New Or Recently Renovated But It Is Very Nice, Comfortable, And Relaxing. It Is Almost Like Home Away From Home. It Also Has A High Tech Feel To It. I Received A Free Bottle Of Water At Check-In. All Of The Common Areas Were Very Clean And Inviting. Breakfast Was Very Good And Served Early (5 AM) Because Of A High Number Of Businessmen Staying There. The Breakfast Items And Their Variety Was Very Good Also. There Was Free Use Of Two Computer Terminals For Guests In The Computer Area And They Really And Truly Had Real High Speed Internet Connections. My Room Was Excellent. It Was Quiet, Clean, Spacious, Well Equipped, And Relaxing. The Bathroom Was Also Quite Spacious And Very Clean. This Hotel Is Very Easy To Find And To Leave For Your Destination Because It Is A Stone's Throw Away From Interstate 40. I Would Love To Come Back Here On Future Travels To This Area. It Is About 30 Minutes Max From Downtown Oklahoma City.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Sun City, Arizona. We have always had good luck staying at Holiday Inn Easts and this was no exception. Since I am a Priority Club member we were upgraded to a suite and that was an unexpected pleasure. We never really had a chance to take advantage of too many of the amenities but the free wifi was easy to access. The room was large and quiet and clean and the beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay there again should we be passing through in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such a kind review. Safe travels and we hope you look us up if you end up back in El Reno!
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is somewhat new. It is furnished with all the comforts if home, and work for the traveler. Rooms are quiet and filled with plenty of adapted amenity's needed for cell phone power plugs. WiFi for computer and entertainment's needs. No smoking throughtout the building. Had a inside pool and hot tub for confort after a long day in the field. It is easy to acess the I-40 interstate.
Over all plus stay. Free breakfast in the morning was alright and filled the morning hunger. Staff was politely friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! We look forward to seeing you again!
West Harrison, Indiana
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I will echo the positive comments of others (appreciated the "new-ness", décor, quality of the room).
One small suggestion: Move the bench at the front entrance to the hotel MUCH farther away. Every time I passed by (fairly frequently during my stay), there was ALWAYS somebody out there smoking. I am severely allergic to second-hand smoke and it's not really practical to try and hold your breath until you get inside. :-)
Other than that, really liked this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, the bench is mandated by Holiday Inn Express to be in a certain location, and cannot be moved. We are working tirelessly to come up with an alternate solution, and often ask smokers to move further away for those very reasons. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed there night before last and loved it. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There are lots of outlets and lights including a "read in bed" light that I loved. There is lots of desk/counter space to spread out your stuff both in the room and in the bathroom. It looks new or newly remodeled and the new style is a modern style, very striking. I loved the chandelier and flower arrangements in the breakfast room. Breakfast was fine....omelets, biscuits, gravy, cereal, bands, etc. we saw the pool and fitness room but didn't use them so I can't comment except to say that the pool looked clean. We were recognized as Priority Club or Honors members or whatever it is and we're given a small goody bag with a snack and bottled water, a nice touch. The only negative comment I have is that they gave us a room that backs up to the elevator and it makes quite a rumbling sound. I don't know how rooms are assigned, but it seems to be that that room should be assigned last, not to someone who booked ahead of time. I took a sleeping pill and slept well, but my husband did not.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that backs up to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the time you took to leave us such a nice review. We appreciate it! We have also had the elevator looked at, as the noise was an issue. We have had this resolved and hope you look us up next time your travels bring you to the area.
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

When I checked in I was impressed with the decorating from the front desk which is really cool to the room that is very nice. My first impression was that this might be the flagship Holiday Inn style. Good start but then my key didn't work the second day. That happens, but when I got in my room the bed was stripped but that was it. I checked my reservation and I was supposed to be here for two nights. I contacted the front desk and they sent housekeeping up to finish.
When I got back from dinner (Montana Mike's next door -very good) I went for a nice swim then I wanted to use the whirlpool and sauna. The pool was great but the whirlpool and sauna are broken. The fitness center has some nice equipment including a weight bench but no weights. I suspect that this is going to be a very nice place once they work the kinks out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guy H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am delighted to read that you were pleased with our decorations.

On the other hand, I humbly extend an apology for the inconvenience you had with our housekeeping services and with some of our amenities. Your comments are very important to us as we rely on you, our guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arkansas
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful well decorated facility however, they definitely do not have all the kinks ironed out of this new hotel. I was part of a large group of 6 rooms. The 4th floor hallway smelled as if you were standing over an open septic tank and the toliets did not flush properly. It was questionably whether the sheets were clean on a couple if beds. The pool had green algae and hair and other debris floating in the water. We were told by the owner that the pool was open but later told the next morning by an employee the pool had problems and had been closed for three days. The elevators were not working. When we complained we were told the manager was not available until 3pm (which we were informed he was also part owner). We were given only a 20% discount and offered 2 free nights in the future. The hotel guarantee in the bathroom stated your room would be free if not fully satisfied. They did not stand by their policy.

• Stayed June 2013
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We are working very hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied. I would love the opportunity to discuss this situation further with you, if you like. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will work to show you that this was a one time experience and not how our hotel regularly operates. I look forward to hearing from you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Reno
Baymont Inn & Suites EL Reno
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Yukon
Best Western Plus Yukon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno? Share your experiences!