“Expensive but consistently good food”
Review of Swadley's Bar-B-Q

Swadley's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in El Reno
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I come here once a month and the food is always good. The sliced brisket is the best. I don't prefer to eat the sauces because the quality of the meat is so high. If your eating in the dining room, save room for the complementary ice cream.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you like BBQ this is the place. I did not know there were more Swadley's around the area. The place was jampacked by 7:30PM. Go early 6:30 or late 8:30 to avoid the rush.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Friends recommended Swadley's because they serve good barbecue at fair prices. This was our first meal there so it's not really fair to say we would not recommend to others. So many variables affect eating out. The service was superb. Swadley's is order and pay at the counter with your food served at your table. We had drinks within a minute of sitting and our food served seven minutes later. The atmosphere was, well, barbecue...no surprise... I ordered a Firehouse combo with a side of fried okra. The sandwich had brisket and hot links and was thick with meat but had very little barbecue flavor. I arrived wanting barbecue and left feeling very full but still wanting barbecue. I know that we could have asked for more sauce but we should not have to ask at a place that specializes in barbecue. My okra was overcooked - tough order to deep fry okra and get it right. Mary ordered a City Boy (chopped brisket) with a side of fries. The fries were okay but her comments about her sandwich were the same as mine. The portions including the sides were large. Two sandwiches, two sides and two drinks totaled less than twenty dollars so the value was not bad. I must admit, we should have tried sides that were unique to Swadley's and not typical sides we have ordered in other restaurants. They offered camp potatoes and sweet beans - which we now wish we had tried. If we dine there again we will avoid sandwiches and try a barbecue meal. My taste buds are sometime off key when I do not feel well and today I did not feel well. So we really should try Swadley's again hoping the experience will be better but today was just average.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Like most in town I was glad to hear that we were finally getting some BBQ in town. Like most our family went there about a week after they opened and our experience was great. We've since been back several times including just the other week. Their food is good and fresh. Their staff are friendly. The prices for the amount you get are very reasonable. The place is clean. Overall it's just a great experience.

Without a doubt they made some life long customers out of this family.