“Average but ok”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Reno
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Average but ok”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Check in was fairly simple and easy. Upon checking into our room, we realized the a/c had been turned completely off and the room was intensely hot!! I called the front desk to ask about a fan and the desk clerk basically laughed at me for even asking about a fan since the hotel provides a/c. When we went to breakfast the next morning, there was a young adult sleeping in the lobby area by the front desk. I found that to be a little unwelcoming to anyone coming in the door. I am not sure if it was an employees relative or what. The breakfast was ok but nothing special and kinda crowded. Checkout was ok and no problems.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at our motel. You can be assured that the issue you encountered with my clerk will never happen again. We do have fans on the property for the use of the customer, and many of our guest request them. I did some investigating and found out that the young men on our seat out front was with his parents who were eating in the breakfast area. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove that we want you to have a special experience at our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It's not an upscale place with modern decor, but it's clean and in good shape. The bathroom and counter were spotless, and I saw nothing out of order. The room furnishings were comfortable and functional. Ice and pop machines were conveniently located in each building. The staff at check-in told me all the details and was friendly, too. Even though it seemed busy with lots of other guests staying, the room was quiet and I wasn't bothered with any noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review. Yes we are an older property, but we strive to offer clean secure rooms for all of our guest, with a very friendly staff.
Duncan
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While staying here we returned to our room and noticed the cleaning staff was cleaning our room, So I stayed in my car until she finished. She literally cleaned every surface in our room including wiping down the picture frames on the wall. She was quick and efficient. Absolutely the cleanest rooms around at a great price!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mandi12345
Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are proud of our housekeepers, and we insure that they do a very through job on the rooms.
Stockton, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Cost was higher than expected for condition of hotel. Needed exterior Maintainance. Bedskirts were a wrinkled wadded up mess. Exterior door knob did not catch: door would not stay closed unless bolted with the lock. I had elderly family next door I needed to pop in on, and doors has to be bolted each time One went in or out. Breakfast was very good, in room coffee better than most.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about our motel. We apologize to you about the doors, we are in the process of replacing the weather stripping on all of the doors, and right now it does require some adjusting to our doors. And I would also like to apologize about the bed skirts, I will see that this is corrected. Please give us another chance.
Manchester
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel thoroughly satisfies my need for two important things when I travel. One, the cleanliness of the rooms is remarkable! The bedding is great, and the lighting is fine, but the glowing bathtub says it all! Two, the breakfast is positively the best we've encountered at a chain hotel providing a complimentary breakfast. Yum!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We as an older property strive to have the cleanest rooms. And it is good to hear that we have accomplish this.
United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

When making phone reservations, the staff person was most helpful. Upon arrival, the person checking me in turned out to be the person with whom I had made reservations and she remembered our phone conversation. Made me feel "special" right away. Staff was also helpful in giving us directions to the events we needed to attend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is always good to hear that our staff is doing their jobs correctly. We want every guest to feel special, because to us they are.
Coffeyville, Kansas, USA
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We loved this hotel! There was no noise from room to room. No water noise running down the wall from upstairs. VERY CLEAN. Very comfertabe bed! Good size room! Good hot breakfast. The staff GREAT very helpful. We would recommend this hotel.Can not wait to go back! ALL THIS FOR A REASONABLE AMOUNT!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R M
Hope F, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for the nice comments. We do try to keep our property up to date with comfortable for our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Reno
#2 of 11 in El Reno
Best Western Plus Yukon
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City/Yukon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon

Been to Best Western Hensley'S? Share your experiences!