“Quick and good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hog Trough
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Quick and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We were going through town looking for a different restaurant that happened to be closed on Sunday. We drove past the Hog Trough and went in and had lunch. Really GOOD Barbeque-not GREAT-but good sized portions and the service was quick and friendly. We would return if in town again. It is just down the street from the Route 66 museum-which looks like a lot of fun, but was also closed the day we were there.

• Visited September 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Recommended by a local, but not by my wife and I”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Service was so so, we were the only ones in restaurant and the waitress was busier on her cell phone than with us.

Food- salad was fair.
Main course- Chicken fried steak, disappointing.
Ribs - fatty

Price- overpriced for what we got.

Value was not there. The price should be about 1/2 of what they charged or maybe a 1/3.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shamrock, Texas
“Great BBQ and Ribs and just about everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Once you get past the name, it is one of our favorite places to go in Elk City when we are hungry. I can only rate the BBQ and Ribs because that is all I ever get. There are better of both, but this is a very good place and reasonably priced. We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Elk City, Oklahoma
“Great Bar-b-que!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The bar-b-que is always great. Try the Pig-wich. I tried about every bar-b-que item they have, and have never been disappointed. I have never tried their other items, because when I go there, I after bar-b-que. Service is good, it can get kind of crazy around lunch time, so go early or later to avoid the crowd.

• Visited July 2012
Merriam, Kansas
“Fabulous ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Three of us couldn't finish a slab of ribs, beans and fries. The ribs were great with or without the sauce. The staff was extremely friendly. They had a special that included a free 1/2 slab - my girls were sad that I turned it down. They wanted to eat ribs all the next day as we continued our drive.

Visited March 2013