“Nice stay but there was two things wrong”
Review of Motel 6 Elk City

Motel 6 Elk City
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We walked into the room and it was so hot and the air was running it would work for a little bit then blow hot air again off and on all night. The other thing was someone unplugged the fridge so there was water every where. They gave us extra towels to clean it up . Other than that the room waa clean and the bed was comfy. I will stay here again for the price and give them one more chance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was neat and price was low, but they had just sprayed for bugs recently and there were dead bugs all over the floor in our room. They did not seem apologetic about it either. Will not try to save money here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjwill0525
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This looks like an older facility, but we were surprised. we stayed at several motel 6' being a one star hotel we didn't expect much but this one had a nice warm feel for it. I just want to say I slept good and woke up with no allergies. The hotel was wood floors instead of carpet. I don't know how each room is, Our room had a new shower. i have never done a review on a motel, But since this is on I 40 and I drive an 18 wheeler. I want to review this motel so our company will use this place again. ..

Room Tip: south side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

parking lot was so full looks like lot of iik fied workers we got quiet room and only paid 49.99 no charge for our dog will stay here again there was no breakfast but found out motel 6 dies not privide breakfast internet was really fast

Room Tip: parking was small
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robin g
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very affordable. My family, and I were stopping overnight on the way to Oklahoma City, and we did not get a chance to make reservations, but the staff quickly got our rooms ready, and offered us a great deal on the two rooms. Definitely planning on staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

i have never done a review on a motel, but I am on this one..I drive an 18 wheeler...I stay in a motel about once every 2 weeks..NEVER again here...The motel was full of oil field workers..partying and loud music..I complained 3 times during my day and half stay...there were people loitering in the halls and outside..the parking lot was filthy...beer bottles, some broken glass, and a lot of trash...looked like a foreign country...I checked in at night, so I didnt see all the stuff until the daylight...room wasnt too bad...BUT...I had about 35 gallons of diesel fuel missing out of my tanks...called and talked to the owner...gave me the runaround....checking the surveillance camaras...said there was a lot of people around my truck...then all of a sudden they said the cameras werent working properly, and they had no info for me....dont waste your time staying here...really...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Disgustingly dirty. Floor was so filthy my feet were black. Cig burns on sink in a non-smoking room. Dirty bathroom. Noisy and tons of people milling around, slamming doors.

I asked for a refund an hour after arriving because I would not stay there. The Owner did not apologize or try to make it right but berated and abused me when I told her. I said I was going to report her hotel to the corporate offices of Motel 6. She said, "you need to keep your mouth shut and not talk to them!" She kept threatening me and yelling at me as I left.

I got in the car and through the window, she held up both hands and flipped me off! She made sure I saw her.

I called Motel 6 customer relations immediately and told them. They were very angry. I was angrier.

It's hard to get over an experience like this but this place is filthy, it stinks, it's loud and the owner is a crazy person. I drove for an hour at 10 pm but found a beautiful Best Western in El Reno for $40 more.

Tom Bodet and all his folksy charm should turn the light off at this dump. It's a liability to the brand. This is my last visit to motel 6.

I

Stayed: November 2013
johnElkcity, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

We Sincerely apologize for your bad experience. We are not sure when this incidence happened. When tried to contact you regarding this incident you have rejected or failed to respond to Trip Advisor. So Our Second step was to review the Security Camera System at the Property, From reviewing the Camera system, such an incident have not happened at this property. Again we apologize for any inconvenience. May God Bless Youl
John

Americas Best Value Inn Elk City
Super 8 Elk City
Super 8 Elk City
#10 of 17 in Elk City

Been to Motel 6 Elk City? Share your experiences!