“DON'T STAY HERE... Actually I think if you're traveling through interstate 40 skip Elk City altogether.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hometown Inn & Suites Elk City

Hometown Inn & Suites Elk City
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This place by far for the price and condition is the worst place I have ever stayed in... I am usually fairly open minded, and easy going and this is the first time that I felt compelled to write a negative review, but for a place like this to actually have rates this high is highway robbery. I truly believe that this is one of the most important reviews I have ever written. $74 including tax I was told was even a discounted rate when I booked it over the phone... I should have driven a few more exits and stayed at and actual 2 star hotel... This is a 1 star on a good day. And the breakfast was a joke, cereal, cheap toast and cheap coffee.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Airforce514

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I was weary about how my stay was going to be after reading the reviews, but I'm glad that I chose this place anyway. The room was clean, the bed was clean, everything worked properly except the remote for the tv. The king size bed was very comfy and the sheets smelled fresh. My room (113) had a mini fridge and microwave in it. The continental breakfast was pretty skimpy, but I wasn't expecting too much.
This palce is not the Ritz, and it is not the Ritz prices you are paying. I was looking for a cheap motel in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. The front desk person was friendly and got me my key in about a minute after I walked through the door.
If I ever need another room in Elk City, I'll visit here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2XTURBO
Morongo Valley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here July 7 without checking it out with tripadvisor first. Judging by the other reviews it has improved some. My room was acceptable, towels, toilet paper and hot water were no problem. The receipt had a different name than the sign out side. There is an oil boom in the area so there are a lot of long term guests in the motels in the area. This was a Saturday night so there were a number of people hanging around drinking and smoking till late in the evening. The internet connection was no problem. The restaurant, 100 yards away was comfortable, busy and priced right. I would eat there again but not stay in this motel no matter what the name is next week.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Morongoman

Travellers are raving about these Elk City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

The toilet didn't work the shower didn't drain. The doors were blocked with a towel(draft or wouldn't stay closed without) not sure why! The beds were old and uncomfortable. The curtains would not stay closed. Chair was stained. Shower nob came off in hand when turned. Wow. We were desperate but will try hard to plan better to avoid this type of hotel again! Only positive was the a/c unit worked well.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank SCostello69
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have never seen a more disgusting place in my life! The room was filthy. The bathroom was THE most disgusting thing I have EVER encountered. There were rat holes in the molded walls behind the toilet stool. My husband and myself didn't DARE use the toilet or shower...we waited and went to a truck stop, if that tells you anything! All of the other rooms in town were booked and we desperately need a pace to rest. We slept on our air mattress on top of one of the beds for about an hour before we couldn't stand the smell any longer. We ended up sleeping the rest of the night in the back of our truck IN THE RAIN, as it was much cleaner. Please keep driving...DO NOT stay at this place! It seriously needs to be condemned!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Coopersgirl12
Harrisville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I do not believe the bathroom was cleaned EVER. When I told the desk clerk that the bathroom was disgusting she said, "It's a big place we can't keep all the rooms cleaned." Is there anything else you need to know?!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank anniemousebooks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Alright so the children and I met my husband here, to visit a couple days while he's working out here. We called several places but this was the only one with rooms available, I now know why. The walls were filthy and looked like there was blood splattered on them. I took one look at the beds and thought bed bugs! I looked but couldn't find any, I was a little relieved. The sheets had little hairs and the beds looked ancient. The most disgusting part was the bathroom, I almost threw up when I saw it. We went and bought disinfectant and cleaners the rag was brown after cleaning the shower, which was also covered in hair. Also the water in the bath would not turn off and it wasn't just a drip. The owners should be ashamed!!!

• Stayed May 2012