“Nice, clean, comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
San Diego, CA
“Nice, clean, comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was lovely, the heat worked well, the internet connection was good. Breakfast was also above expectations. I think I probably paid a bit more than I should have, though.
A note for travelers with pets: This hotel does not allow pets, but as I left in the morning I saw two other people taking animals out of their rooms, so it appears the policy is violated occasionally without consequence.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Anne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

The room (one king) was spacious enough to have added a small table and a couple of chairs. The desk and office chair were nice, but one caster kept coming off the chair. The labels were missing off the heat/AC unit, so it was difficult to tell how to operate it. Other than these two glitches, the room was very nice.
Breakfast was good, with a few hot items and several cold choices. There was no hot water for oatmeal, and the attendant said she hadn't made it yet because they had to use the coffee maker to heat the water (it was 7:15) Other than the hot water, everything was there. The hotel was in good condition and clean.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank TwoOnAMission
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

After a horifying experience at the hotel across the highway, we decided to investigate the Comfort Inn. Unfortunately, it did not get the reveiws it should have on trip advisor or we would have stayed here from the beginning of our trip. Mind you Elk City is not a resort town, so a posh hotel experience is out of the question. The Comfort Inn was very secure, safe and clean. They free breakfast was not bad and the pool was clean. The staff was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank quicktripchick
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2008

Stayed one night here in their 2 queen, 1 king suite. We had driven 16 hours and although the hotel was full, the room was quiet. The hotel beds were THE most comfortable we had ever slept in. The suite was very clean, the sheets and linens were snow white. A little pricey, but well worth it since we were very tired. Some of the lamps in the suite had no bulbs or available wall plugs, so it was a little dark. The breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The Wonderful Beds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Lamps with no bulbs or places to plug in
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank buckley714
Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The bed was nice. It does have a few problems. The door handle needed tightning and the elevator had to be sent back down once because it was frozen on our floor. The hotel looks new. It was convient to the expressway. It had a good breakfast. Room has micro and fridge. No serious complaints.

• Stayed September 2008
2 Thank smarks1
LOUISIANA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

I was driving through Oklahoma and have always had good luck at Comfort Inns. For everyone driving with us we needed 3 rooms, so we called ahead to book them. The prices even with discounts were high (especially for this area). We were willing to pay it because we expected to have a worry free stay...we were wrong. I have two small children and we got in at about 7:30 pm. I was ready to give them a bath, but the bathtub was fithly. I rubbed my finger on it and came away with a horrible amount of film on my finger. I called the front desk to have someone clean it. 40 minutes later I called again. 10 minutes later they brought me an unidentifiable cleaner in an unmarked and non-working spray bottle and a wash cloth. I was told that they were short staffed and could not reach their housekeeping staff. So...I had to do the cleaning! There were obvious brown stains in the bottom of the tub, so a washcloth was not going to cut it. I asked for a scrubber, but the girl said it was her first day and a washcloth was all she could find.
I understand that this area has very hard water...but if you scrub (or even wipe) the tub daily there is no way there would be this much nasty brown build up.
My kids did not end up getting a bath, which made bed time very difficult. (The other people with me told their tubs looked similar).
Also, there was trash in my trash can when I came into the room.
I agree with other reviewers that the lighting is very poor. Also, I was amazed to learn that this hotel is fairly new....there are already water stains on the ceiling in the bathroom and the carpet looks dingy.
I will try to upload a picture of the tub, but I only have a camera-phone...keep this in mind...if you notice the brown in a camera phone picture imagine how bad it actually is! Notice the brown ring in the center of the picture. The cleanest spot is the center of the ring.

• Liked — Check in was easy
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and staffs lack of concern for the filth
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank CleanItPlease

Travellers are raving about these Elk City hotels

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

OMG!! What a CLEAN hotel.......this newly built Comfort Inn in Elk City Oklahoma is simply Great!!
We went on a trip to Kansas from Texas and on our way stopped at this hotel. The best stay ever in a Comfort Inn franchise..a Choice Hotel is always a guaranteed a perfect stay from pillows to bed to big washrooms to towels to friendly staff and delicious free hot full breakfast!!
If you want to smile then stay at this hotel at anytime...others who have given negative reviews then ignore them!!
COMFORT INN I LOVE U WHEREVER YOU ARE:)

• Liked — Clean As Anything
  • Disliked — cant think of anything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business