“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!”

Western Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Enid
Reviewed 27 July 2010

my husband and i were visiting family in Enid, OK and this hotel was in our price range of about $100 per night. when we got to the hotel after driving for 14 hours, we were greeted by associates who explained their computers were down and thus they would charge my card for the full amount of the three night stay (about $300). i said that was fine and didn't think much of it and was given a reciept for that charge. two days later i saw that not only did i have a pending amount of about $300 from the first charge they did, they also had charged me $98 for each of the two nights we had so far spent in the hotel. they assured me that only the $98 charges would go through and the $300 would disappear. i didn't have enough money in my account if the $300 and the $98 charges went through (since i had only budgeted $300 for about $100 per night for a three night stay) and asked repeatedly if the $300 would go through as i was concerned I would get overdraft fees if they were wrong. the manager told me over and over the $300 charge would go away and treated me as though i was stupid for thinking otherwise; he said "this is how all hotels do this" and made me feel like an idiot. needless to say i didn't trust him and moved money around just in case he was wrong; WHICH HE WAS! after our trip was done i found that not only had the $300 gone through, i'd been charged for three $98 charges for the three nights we stayed. so i paid about $600 for a three night stay in freaking OKLAHOMA!!! absolutely ridiculous considering this was NOT a five-star hotel. anyway, i had horrible service. the manager interrupted me when i called to complain and wouldn't let me tell him my issue. their hotel was nicely maintained but the service i received was deplorable. i DO NOT recommend this hotel ANYONE! i work in customer service so i understand when someone is being a difficult client. but it's awful that i had to second-guess the manager in order to make sure they weren't taking twice as much money from me and overdrawing my bank account. i've filed a complaint with the BBB about them and they've not even bothered to respond to it. and all they did was send me a letter saying they were sorry for my experience. they did refund the $300 but what if i had just trusted them? and what if i had to sue them for all the overdraft charges i would have incurred?? awful, awful service. never staying there again which is too bad for them considering i'm in Enid, OK about once a year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allisonhanks
There are newer reviews for Western Inn and Suites

Reviewed 18 June 2010

absolutely one of the best places we have ever stayed..they thought of everything..friendly personel, clean luxurious room, quiet, super breakfast..everything PERFECT...LOVED IT

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Old hotel, carpeting worn out, good location, helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My family and I traveled to OK for a graduation and spend five days at this hotel. Ages ranged from 13 to 65 and we were all happy. The kids liked the pool, the adults liked the room with the flat screen TV, fridge and microwave and we all enjoyed the breakfast. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Best thing convenient location and free laundry room (no hunting for quarters)
Worst thing: price could be a little bit more competative

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dioljo
Reviewed 30 March 2009

This is an older hotel and the outdoor appearance is worn.
The rooms themselves are clean and neat. The bedding is new and the mattresses are comfortable. Flat screen TVs in the room, also microwave and mini fridge. The location was very convenient for me. The day desk folks were especially pleasant and helpful. The breakfast bagels, toast, muffins and danish sat out for several days in plastic baggies, so that was not too impressive. Nothing to get excited about but very close to my meeting, so it worked fine.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I have stayed in all kinds of hotels from one to five star. This is my favorite mid-level hotel. The staff is friendly. The location is great. The pool is not your boring traditional square. The grounds are aesthetically pleasing and unlike most Comfort Inns. Also better than most other Comfort Inns I've stayed in, the hotel has an excellent Continental breakfast. The rooms are very clean and over all it is a great value. I don't have any pictures, but the ones on the website are fairly accurate.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ouangel
Reviewed 2 March 2008

Terrible one-night stay. Hotel is very outdated and shows alot of wear n tear. Shame, too, cause @ 1 time this was probably a pretty cool place. Now it's just pretty run down, hot, stuffy, and a little scary. Staff was nice, but nothing they could do to fix this place.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)