“Visitors Center Welcome”

Alabaster Caverns State Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Freedom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Because of my husband's heart condition we did not go into the caves but the welcome center gave us a grand tour explaining
wildlife and what was in the caves.

1  Thank mariemhammond
"lighting system"
"cave features"
"bats fly"

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We drove to this cave from our visit to little Sahara it was a long drive and in the middle of no where. The wild life was neat and the cave was just ok ,not sure we would have made the drive if we knew their wasn't much to it , The staff were very nice and the history of it all was interesting . Our tour guide was really off her rocker with some of the things she said which made it very pleasurable for my husband and I . Overall I would just rte it as ok and only suggest if you passing through or just bored of the dunes .

1  Thank Brandi M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Do not miss this great opportunity to see one of the three gypsum caves in the world.... This is the world's largest gypsum cave.... 3/4 of a mile hike through the hills of Oklahoma.... Great opportunity for the family... Don't miss this!

2  Thank Kirk M
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great tour! Kids loved it and our guide was very knowledgeable. Glad we signed up for the Selman Bat Tour, utterly amazing.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I visited the Alabaster Caverns before attending the Selman Bat watch program. It is a nice place to visit, and definitely a nice place to cool down on a hot Oklahoma Summer day. It takes a little less than an hour to go through the cave on a guided tour, which I think they do on the hour. You can make a reservation by phone, which is advisable just to make sure you get the tour when you want to take it, and not have to wait for the next one. Other than the cave tour, there didn't seem to be much else to do in the area besides a small gift shop/visitor center. My only complaint is that you don't get much time to enjoy the cave because they keep you going at a fast pace I guess for the next tour. You're pretty much waking non-stop with little time to check up the cave features. Staff were nice, knowledgeable and friendly. I'll definitely go again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank Greg D