“Nice cave if you're in the area”

Alabaster Caverns State Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Freedom
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice cave if you're in the area”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On a tour of Northwest Oklahoma one choice was the Alabaster Caverns. We arrived just in time (15 min early) for the noon tour. We were the only ones to go at this time but there were Boy Scouts scheduled while we waited. Nice camping area and picnic area. I did think the $10 pp was a little high for an adult. The cave was really cool and our guide was well learned about the cave.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank GarynPatty

Broken Bow, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have read comments about rude staff, and similar encounters of our problem. For, a couple weeks ago when traveling through the area: We walked in the door at 9:00, we were greeted and I responded etc, and said we would like to take the 9:00 tour of the cave. She then turned around looked at the clock, 9:01:30, and responded that we were too late and would have to wait for the 10:00. I then said, "2 minutes, seriously?" She looked in the office, looked back and just grinned.... I then referred to reading about others making the same comments, and not being impressed. We have toured caves all over the country, and never seen this rude of help. Did I mention we were the ONLY ones in the parking lot and building. Most of the tours we have gone on have been privately owned, which makes me wonder if Oklahoma knows they have such lazy state employees!!!! We did not stay, for I am not giving them my money!!!

Visited April 2014
7 Thank Sheila S
eastern shore of Md.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Visitors Center Welcome”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Because of my husband's heart condition we did not go into the caves but the welcome center gave us a grand tour explaining
wildlife and what was in the caves.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mariemhammond
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Just ok”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We drove to this cave from our visit to little Sahara it was a long drive and in the middle of no where. The wild life was neat and the cave was just ok ,not sure we would have made the drive if we knew their wasn't much to it , The staff were very nice and the history of it all was interesting . Our tour guide was really off her rocker with some of the things she said which made it very pleasurable for my husband and I . Overall I would just rte it as ok and only suggest if you passing through or just bored of the dunes .

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Brandi M
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“One of a Kind!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Do not miss this great opportunity to see one of the three gypsum caves in the world.... This is the world's largest gypsum cave.... 3/4 of a mile hike through the hills of Oklahoma.... Great opportunity for the family... Don't miss this!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kirk M

Been to Alabaster Caverns State Park? Share your experiences!