“So Much Fun!”
Review of The Stone Lion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
The Stone Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Yukon, Oklahoma, United States
“So Much Fun!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I attended the murder mystery dinner to celebrate our 30 year anniversary. We had wanted to stay overnight but they were completely booked. We will do that next time and there will be a next time because it was so much fun! I have not laughed that hard in such a long time. The fun actually begins a few weeks before when you find out your character, start putting your wardrobe together and preparing for your trip "back in time". The food was lovely, and "Uta" was the best! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Noble, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I attended the murder mystery and spent the night. We took my mom and her friend for her 81st birthday. We all had a great time. Food was very good and the murder mystery was a lot of fun. My mom said it was the best birthday gift she had ever receieved.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank diane h
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was apprehensive about the whole murder mystery dinner because it was my first. When my husband and I got there, we checked in at the Stone Lion and went to our room at the White Peacock, our French Room was adorable. Our fridge was stocked with Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite I think, everything was spotless and decorated beautifully. We got ready and I got a chance to visit with Becky and her friends, they were so sweet, and so enjoyable to talk to. Once it was time for the murder mystery we headed back over to the Stone Lion Inn. Shortly after everyones arrival we were served hors d'oeuvres and the fun began. The entire evening flowed smoothly and the food was okay. I say okay because I am picky and don't eat meat with bones, but everything else was good. (My husband liked the Cornish Hen because he ate mine too!) We enjoyed the huge jacuzzi in our room. Breakfast was great, and Becky shared stories with us which was hilarious.

My family and I have already planned a date for all of us to go back!

Also, they take photos throughout the entire night and offer post them online for everyone! NICE TOUCH!

Room Tip: White Peacock Rooms seem to be less antiquated.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great time at our murder mystery event. Everything was very well planned out and the food was amazing. We stayed the night and had breakfast in the morning. I would love to do it again.

• Stayed June 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My sister had always wanted to attend the Murder/Mystery dinner and spend the night at the Stone Lion Inn in historic Guthrie. We had the most wonderful experience! The staff is friendly and makes you feel like you have known them forever. Walking in the door to the Stone Lion, you feel as if you have stepped back in time. The dinner was good, breakfast the next morning was awesome, and we have never had so much fun dressing the part of becoming someone else for the evening. Can't wait to go back and take the entire family!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Got there, paid, led to our room. Not enough lighting in the room to prepare for the mystery. Only two outlets, zero outlets in the bathroom. Dinner was ok...candles, not enough light. They said they had a refrigerator for the guests. It was empty with the sodas and water in a tub under the embalming table, warm.... Kitchen locked so zero ice available and no employees around whatsoever. Breakfast looked store-bought: that presliced blueberry cake/bread, cobbler, smoked sausage and green chili egg. The owner told stories at breakfast. She was ok. Sort of like she was doing a comedy show...wanted to hear more about the ghost stories... Didn't even ask if we "experienced anything weird". I will tell you... About 45 after breakfast ended, 10:30, my husband and I had to leave due to my not feeling well all of a sudden. I vomited and had diarrhea for the rest of the day. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Little Axe, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My Husband and I had a great time. We had never participated in a Murder Mystery before.
The Stone Lion Inn is beautifully furnished with antiques and we enjoyed the dinner. All the
guests were great in their parts and were dressed for the era of the mystery. Would love
to go back again and have recommended this to our friends. Uta was a great hostess!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#5 of 7 in Guthrie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond

Been to The Stone Lion Inn? Share your experiences!