“Lots of fun”
Review of The Stone Lion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
The Stone Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The evening was great. It was fun preparing for the part and dressing the part. The staff leading the story was very entertaining. The other "characters" were amazing! The only down part was that dinner was less than I expected. Over seasoned and dessert was very unimpressive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I participated in the murder mystery at the Stone Lion Inn on October 18, 2013 and had a fabulous time. The mystery was wonderful and the food was great. We stayed the night and the room was quite lovely and fitting to the atmosphere. We found out that next morning at breakfast that it is the room that guests usually experience some type of ghostly activity. I am glad that we found that out at breakfast and not dinner. We highly recommend the Stone Lion Inn for an extremely fun date night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

What a great party. Will definitely do it again. I am wondering how the Stone Lion was able to hand out the parts to match the guests so well., They nailed me with the Roger Worthington part. I was able to play it to the hilt. My daughter made up some phoney money that I threw around and I even had a business card designed for the night. Marlene loved playing Cybil, one of my many dalliances. And dressing the part was great. It was really fun to see how everyone dressed and how much they got into the fun of the mystery. The breakfast the next morning was great. It was only then that I found out the lady with the French accent was not really French...She had spent 2 weeks preparing for the part..and did it wonderfully..Marlene and I highly recommend the Murder Mystery Night at the Stone Lion in Guthrie OK....

Room Tip: It is a B & B they are all fun.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I am putting this review under Stone Lion because it is owned by the same person and a separate property listing is not available. First, this was a really cute unit, bed was comfy, cute (if unworkable) kitchen, large bathroom. HOWEVER, there was no hair dryer (I can't rembr the last time I had to carry my own with me), no shower and no shower wand for the tub making it VERY difficult to shampoo, no mirror with good lighting for make up application or fixing your hair which is important as we were there for the murder party and had to dress in character. There were only 2 bath towels and I use one for hair and one for body and was reduced to using one plus a hand towel. I can't help but think that the reason some things were unavailable is because they don't take credit cards so they can't charge u if someone steals something. U also had to use a side entrance making the front porch difficult to use and they need to empty the cigarette bucket as it is very unattractive to people who don't smoke. Also, 4 O'clock check in is awfully late when u are supposed to be ready by 6 or so. As for recommendation I would recommend this once but be prepared as I understand the Stone Lion doesn't have showers or hand wands either. My friends stayed there and we toured all the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jespence60
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a great time doing the murder mystery. The Stone Lion Inn really knows what they are doing. Everyone around us had a blast too. I would highly recommend the murder mystery dinner. The food was great. We want to go back and expire a different murder mystery.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we were very impressed by the effort the employees , the owner was too full of herself explaining how well she was doing and how she has black friends ends and gays friends.
they have so man characters in the murder mystery that there were not enough guest to play the parts.so the guy that was the murder wasn't in the hotel.I ask each quest is they would come again and each of them said they would not.the doors on the bed rooms did not have a lock and also it was hot at night.Breakfast was not that great.the house it self was interesting

Room Tip: go to holiday express
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was the 2nd murder mystery for my daughter and I. We were not disappointed. We had so much fun participating in this event. The Elmer McCurdy mystery definitely is not your typical "family reunion." You never know what may happen. The dinner was great as always, thanks to Michelle. We also enjoyed breakfast the next morning as we listened to how the Stone Lion Inn came to existence.

If you have not experienced a murder mystery you definitely need to go to the Stone Lion Inn Bed and Breakfast. I can't wait until the next one.

Susan & Melissa A.

Room Tip: If you have trouble navigating stairs be sure to ask for a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family