“Anniversary night”
Review of The Stone Lion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
The Stone Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Anniversary night”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Bill and I stayed on Saturday evening. We had a blast. Thank you for letting us spend our 40th wedding anniversary with you. You went out of your way to make sure we had a good time. I think everyone should spend their anniversaries with you.. The play was fun and well written. Getting everyone to stay in character was a job well done. The hot tube at the Red Brick and Rose Bed and Breakfast was superb. The cottage was decorated very elloquently decorated. I was expecting a small jacuzzi tub but it was a large tub for 2. What a relaxing time. Thank you for making this special anniversary a memory for us.

Room Tip: would like to have had real coffee in the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I'm so glad that we could help you and your husband celebrate your 40th wedding anniversary. Congrats on a long and successful marriage and thanks so much for sharing your kudos with us. We wish you all the best!

Warm regards,
Becky, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Edmond, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Most enjoyable night! Had a group of 10 and we had a awesome time. The food was good, and the script was fun! It was very creative in every way! The host was very personal and how she kept in character the entire night I will never know.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Your feedback means the world to us, Barbara! I'm thrilled to hear that you loved everything from the food to the script. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know what we're doing right. I hope you'll come back and join us again someday!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I lodged in the Red Brick and Rose Bed and Breakfast associated with the Stone Lion Inn. What an amazing time. My husband and I enjoyed our experience. The breakfast was delivered to us hot and it was yummy. This B&B had two floors. We stayed upstairs and it was eloquent!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ava W
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I'm glad to hear that you and your husband had such a great time with us, Ava! Thanks for taking the time to spread the word. I hope the two of you will join us again sometime -- it was our pleasure to host you both.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We attended the dinner & mystery with a small group of friends. WHAT A BLAST!!! We had a great time, and would love to go back again. The absolute only negative thing was that our mystery involved 40 some characters, and it became way too confusing to keep up with who was who. Next time we'll choose a mystery with fewer characters! The dinner was delicious & everyone seemed to have a great time! We stayed the night and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast, and getting to visit with the owner about the history of The Stonelion Inn. Sadly, none of us encountered a ghost!!! ;-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J R
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
It makes me smile to read your review, J! I'm glad that you had such a great night with us getting into character, dining, and learning about the history of the Inn. You'll have to come back and join us again -- maybe next time you'll encounter some ghosts! :-)

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The place is beautiful inside, and the host was in character from the beginning and VERY nice. We did feel like guests. However, there was a lot of confusion about the script and characters from most people there. There were about 40 people/characters to memorize and it was near impossible to keep up. I think there should be no more than 25 characters tops. We did not all for in ine dining area, and we were dining in a very tight area (clostrophobics beware!). Our dining area MISSED THE MURDER because everything happened in the other area. About 16 of us total had no idea what was going on for the entire dinner. Disappointed.

If you have special dietary needs, this is not the place for you. I had to go to mcdonalds for nuggets after dinner because I was so hungry. Dairy is the one thing I can't have and called ahead and was told there would be plenty without it. The woman who promised me that was wrong. I ate two things out of the whole 7 course meal. I would have brought my own dessert or ate a little beforehand if she would have been truthful and said they would not accommodate me. My boyfriend also said the bisque soup was very good but everything else seemed as if they warmed up seasoned frozen foods. I can't attest to this because I was unable to eat most things. Leaving an expensive meal hungry. Again, disappointed.

Overall, it was nice to bring our own alcohol to keep down cost. Also, the host took great pictures throughout the night so we really didn't have to lug around our phones and camera. Next time, we want to bring a group of familiar faces/friends so we can better get the roles down instead of reading just the papers. I don't recommend going as a couple Bc we were split into men/women at the end of the night. But a group would definitely be worth going with!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tes H
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
It sounds like you caught us on a night where things weren't running as smoothly as usual and for that I'm very sorry. I know it must have been very disappointing to get your expectations up and then miss out on key parts of the night. I'm am, however, really happy to hear that you'll be giving it another go with a group of your close friends. I look forward to welcoming you back and showing you all a fantastic time. Thanks for your feedback, Tes!

Warm regards,
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently attended the Murder Mystery Dinner at the Stone Lion Inn with my husband and another couple on March 29, 2014. As a kid I had played Clue and now as an adult getting to play it first had was very exciting. We had a little bit of background history of the other guest and the time era of which the murder happened. When we arrived we gathered around the other guest in our costumes getting to know the character they were portraying then was seated for a very delicious meal. The soup that they served was so good that I need to call them and get the receipe. After dinner we gathered around to hear clues to help tie the guest together and to help you guess on "who did it". I will definitely be back to experice another murder at the Stone Lion Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristi R
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
If you were a fan of Clue as a child, then I can definitely see how you'd love our Murder Mystery nights. Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful explanation of how the evening plays out -- it makes me smile to know that you and your husband had such a great experience. Maybe next time you can gather a group of friends to partake in the fun. That's the great thing about our dinners -- no one evening is ever the same! We look forward to welcoming you back again, Kristi.

Warmly,
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 March 2014

You will have to participate in the event to determine the person to whom this comment references! My husband, sister and her beau attended the Murder Mystery Dinner on March 22. We had a great time. From the appetizers to dessert, the food was excellent. Just wish we had bought our liquor from the room.......Now to the mystery, the scripts were well written and we were fortunate to have great people as participants. We loved every moment. We stayed in the Bed and Roses building. Our rooms were wonderful. My hubby and I enjoyed a delightful bath in the two person jacuzzi. The breakfast delivery was right on time. Go and have a great time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bnewjersey
stonelion, Owner at The Stone Lion Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
There's nothing like a weekend getaway to spice things up with the hubby. It makes me smile to hear that your entire party had a fantastic time filled with food, mystery, and romance. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you all back someday!

Warmly,
Becky, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#5 of 7 in Guthrie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond

Been to The Stone Lion Inn? Share your experiences!