“Our yearly get away!”
Review of Arcadian Getaways

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
Arcadian Getaways
McLoud, Oklahoma
“Our yearly get away!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We started going to the Arcadian Inn in 1994. My sweetheart, at the time we weren't married, asked me what I would like for my birthday..I told him the only thing that would work for me was 24 hours away from everything with just him. He told me that was not possible. But one evening he took me to Arcadian Inn where we stayed in the Garden room...It was the best ever!! Gary and Martha made our stay wonderful. Two years later almost to the day, we went back for our wedding night where we stayed in Remembrance. A beautiful beginning to a wonderful marriage of 15 years this last month.. Since then we have stayed in almost every room at the Inn and then came the cottages. We have stayed in all the cottages at least twice. We love the Inn and because we live in the country the cottages are really special to us. The cottages are out on a dirt road far away from the maddening crowds. :) You get a small cabin complete with your own kitchen, dining area, sitting area, large TV, king size bed, breakfast in the fridge..but that is not all..you also have a hot tub, sauna, Jacuzzi tub, extra large shower and your own private little porch..My husband and I stay at least once a year and sometimes twice!! Martha and Gary are great hosts!! If you have time and want to get away but not go far..its the place to go..Aaron's Gate in Guthrie, Oklahoma

Room Tip: All the rooms are great..we usually get one that goes right outside but only because my husband smok...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jbug799

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Aaron's Gate for several of our anniversaries and other special occassions. There are four cottages: French Hen, Parrot's Cove, Meadowlark Barn, and Copper Dove. Each cottage has a different theme, but all include breakfast (ready in the fridge for you), snacks, movies, games, king sized bed, hot tub, whirlpool bathtub, gigantic shower, and suana. I can't say enough about the Hall's and the romantic sanctuary they have created with Aaron's Gate! The food is fantastic; the cottages are spotless and well stocked with everything you need (even a full kitchen complete with cooking utensils).

Be prepared to take a dirt road, however, as Aaron's Gate is secluded. You will have to stop at the Arcadian Inn in Edmond to pick up the keys to your cottage and directions. While at the Arcadian Inn, make a stop at the gift shop.

Room Tip: One word of caution: if you have trouble with stairs, do not stay at the Meadlowlark Barn as it is a...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My wife & I stayed at Aarons gate several years ago and thought it was wonderful. That was then - this is now. The cleaning was awful and the maintenance was weak as well. The toilet was dirty, the shower was in very poor condition, the sinks were stained, the hot tub porch was filthy, etc. In general, it seems this place is getting run down. Too bad. I won't be going back & I would not reccomend. Some very nice cabins can be found in Thackerville for half the money & they are nice and clean.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MrClean2011
Badammutterfly, Owner at Arcadian Getaways, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
As we responded to "MrClean" over the phone and via email, we thanked him for his constructive criticism and felt we had made an appropriate and generous response to his concerns. We believed he was satisfied with that response as well.

After a record-breaking long hot dry summer with many problems due to the heat, we immediately reviewed his valid concerns and addressed them. Our family-run business welcomes our friends and guests to visit and let us make their stay comfortable.

Thank you again to "Mr. Clean" for his review. A complaint is a gift.
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed at the Meadowlark Barn Aaron's gate cottage for a night away from the kids and it was wonderful. Very romantic, private and cozy. I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting a private night away.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrosenthal
Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 October 2008

So we've actually stayed here 3 times and it is wonderful! They have 4 little cottages hidden out in the woods between Edmond and Guthrie. You actually book through, and check-in at, the Acadian Inn in Edmond. All are themed and once you enter, you never want to leave (nor need to)!

First we stayed in the French Hen (the nicest one). It's all red and black and when you enter, French music is playing softly in the background.

Second was The Barn. It was black, yellow, and whimsical with a country feel. I don't remember the music that was playing when we got there.

Most recently we stayed at Parrot's Cove. It's all tropical in purples, greens, peaches, and yellows. The music was an Enya type voice with waves in the background.

We have yet to go to Dove's Paradise, but from the pictures, it looks elegant in warm blues.

All the cottages have kitchens, hot tubs, jacuzzis, ready-to-make fresh breakfasts, and little journaling books for guests to record their experience.

This is a wonderful experience that you should definitely... experience!

• Liked — The personal touches
  • Disliked — They won't let me stay forever
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Renevere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City/Edmond
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond
Best Western Edmond Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie

Been to Arcadian Getaways? Share your experiences!