“noisy noisy noisy!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Let me start by saying I stay at Holiday Inns 7-8 times a year, over several states. I wanted to use a reward night that I had earned and visit a local theater in Guthrie. THIS WAS THE NOISIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! The floors seemed "hollow" and you could hear guests walking at the other end of the hotel. This was not as busy night because the parking lot was empty. I stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear people coming in and out of the main entrance all night. It was like the windows were wide open! I have had no issues with other IHC hotels, but this one was a waste of my reward night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at this location in October 2012. The Registration and Reservations was all wrong, over charged my Card and was very disrespectful when call was made to correct over charges. The cleaning staff left a ragedy hand towel with holes and torn edges to use.
Staff would not listen to customers complaints of overcharges, records of reservation was all wrong, had customer charged with two seperate rooms that was not even on the same floor customer stayed in and this will cost the hotel alot of money in 2013 when our Organization holds it's Annual Session in Guthrie, OK next year at the same time. In addition, customer witnessed other customers being spoke to and treated very dispectful. If fradulent charges are not corrected, customer will have to file Police Report.

Room Tip: Don't take reservations for granted. Check account immediately for overcharges. Make sure you ha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed here several times for business (Oil / N. Gas). Hotel is always clean, and smells good. Internet has always worked for me at a pretty good speed.
Great location right by freeway, with plenty of food options close by.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be noisier for some reason. Stayed on both floors several times, and 2nd floor ha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was a very clean hotel (one of the cleaner I've ever been to) and the Staff was very helpful. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel right at home. The desk clerk DeShawn even did a load of laundry for me when I couldn't do my own there. He even folded it for me. I was impressed with how such a small town had such outstanding service and I would stay there again given the chance.

Room Tip: Ask the staff where there are the fewest people staying at and they'll be more than glad to help...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Guest Laundry was broken and staff offered to wash my laundry that evening in the "big" washer- Great Service, friendly personnel, clean and easy to get to! Comp breakfast was OK, nothing speciasl but dining area was claen and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is also great. We stayed at this location twice in a week. DeShawn was working the front desk both nights we arrived. The phones were ringing off the wall and several guests were waiting for check-in. DeShawn handled the group quickly and efficiently the whole time keeping a smile on his face and that keyboard clicking.
Breakfast each morning is the typical complimentary HIE but with the make your own pancakes and other hot item choices it was very good.
This location is busy so make reservations, but it was a wonderful stay. I would recommend this hotel to any one traveling to and from north to south or staying for an extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dbartraider
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at this facility two weeks ago. I say stayed as I checked in and finally had to check out when they could not fix several issues with several rooms.

First room was not made up with dirty bed linen piled in a chair. Second room the A/C did not work. As it was 103 degrees outside, this would not work. Finally the third room was clean and the A/C did work, but when I went in the room it was TURNED OFF! Ok, so I turned it on full cold and went out to have a bite to eat and let the room cool off. Turns out I was told that the hotel manager tells the maids to turn the A/C off to save $$. Guess they have never checked into a room that is over 100 degrees and needed to get to sleep right away.

Returned and tried to log onto the internet to pick up my emails. Got an error message saying "cannot log you on at this time" and promptly called the front desk. Was told that if there were too many people in the hotel on the system that it would not allow anyone else on. ????? She then refused to let me talk with the manager saying "she is not accepting calls tonight!" While walking down to the front desk ran into a large group in the meeting room. I asked them about the internet and they had the same experience, not being able to get online.

Called Holiday Inn's customer service line and got ahold of Judy. Judy could not believe the issues and promised to call me back in 15 minutes. I know she did call the front desk as the desk clerk told me they had talked. The front desk clerk told me that she would not let Judy talk to the manager as well, so we are batting 1000% here.

Finally at 9 pm I called the front desk to ask when I would be able to get on the internet and when I could expect a return call from Judy (remember "I will call back in 15 minutes" from her?) and was told that they could not help me and that I could check out and not be charged for the room if I wished. Did so and at 9:15 was at a Best Western hotel across the parking lot.

The Best Western had cool rooms (although a bit dated) and the internet worked fine the first time out. You can do better than this hotel... for that matter sleeping in your car would be better than this place!

Room Tip: Tip? Do not stay here as long as its like this. Almost any other hotel is better than this one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Guthrie
Best Western Edmond Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond? Share your experiences!