“Great place to stop for the night.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Wamego, Kansas
“Great place to stop for the night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Very clean, comfortable beds, kids loved the pool, yummy biscuits and gravy. A little pricey. Our only complaint the hot tub (which was listed as an ammenity on booking.com) has apparently been removed. There's just a built up area covered in tile, but the typical hot tub warning signs are still on the wall. We'd stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Holyoke, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I needed to relax SOOO bad, had been SO stressed, so booked a jacuzzi suite at this hotel. I've NEVER paid $150./night for any room, but felt this would be so worth it, as a birthday gift from my hubby. Upon entering the room, I noticed the hot water handle was missing, and knew there was NO way the jacuzzi would be hot without the hot water!! As I left for supper, I stopped by the front desk & informed the clerk about it, and she said she'd contact housekeeping/mgmt/maintenance & find out what was going on. 3 hours later, no one had returned her call, so my evening of relaxing in a hot tub as ruined! She did, however, say that upon check-out the next morning, my stay would be discounted. Ya think? However, HI Express regular king rooms are $115./night, I was NOT (!) willing to pay that, as I would NOT have stayed there if I'd known I wasn't going to have the jacuzzi suite. You can get as nice a room for much MUCH less at another chain, close by. We finally agreed on a much lower price, AFTER they dared (!) to argue with me, the day manager was very rude about it! She did finally (!) keep apologizing AFTER we agreed on a price. The breakfast was delicious, hotel was fancy & rooms were clean & comfy, but WAY overpriced!! The jacuzzi room should NOT (!) have been online for booking since it was out of service, but it shouldn't have taken 30 days to get it fixed, which is what she claimed happened. I would NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: Check your room beforehand to make sure everything is in working order & what you want!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear cookie_1211,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the service provided and the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stopped here on our way through on a road trip, and the accommodations definitely met our expectations especially given that this is a small town. It was conveniently located right off of the highway, however if you are sensitive to road noise - you are able to hear it. The hotel appears to be relatively new or at least recently renovated. Our room was clean and everything appeared to be in working order. The beds were comfortable and the pillows weren't too firm. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, however the water was a little colder than we like. The general manager was very friendly and provided exceptional service. The complimentary breakfast also included a wide variety of foods (i.e. yogurt, made to order pancakes, cinnamon rolls, cereal, etc.). I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Monticello, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed here on our way to Texas from Wisconsin. This very nice and relatively new hotel was a welcome pit stop on our journey. Very convenient right off I35 with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Very nice staff and a spotlessly clean room make this 4.5 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Let me start by saying I stay at Holiday Inns 7-8 times a year, over several states. I wanted to use a reward night that I had earned and visit a local theater in Guthrie. THIS WAS THE NOISIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! The floors seemed "hollow" and you could hear guests walking at the other end of the hotel. This was not as busy night because the parking lot was empty. I stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear people coming in and out of the main entrance all night. It was like the windows were wide open! I have had no issues with other IHC hotels, but this one was a waste of my reward night.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at this location in October 2012. The Registration and Reservations was all wrong, over charged my Card and was very disrespectful when call was made to correct over charges. The cleaning staff left a ragedy hand towel with holes and torn edges to use.
Staff would not listen to customers complaints of overcharges, records of reservation was all wrong, had customer charged with two seperate rooms that was not even on the same floor customer stayed in and this will cost the hotel alot of money in 2013 when our Organization holds it's Annual Session in Guthrie, OK next year at the same time. In addition, customer witnessed other customers being spoke to and treated very dispectful. If fradulent charges are not corrected, customer will have to file Police Report.

Room Tip: Don't take reservations for granted. Check account immediately for overcharges. Make sure you ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed here several times for business (Oil / N. Gas). Hotel is always clean, and smells good. Internet has always worked for me at a pretty good speed.
Great location right by freeway, with plenty of food options close by.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be noisier for some reason. Stayed on both floors several times, and 2nd floor ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Guthrie
BEST WESTERN Edmond Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond? Share your experiences!