Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Not the sound, but what I found in my room today, 4 of them in my room when I woke up this morning. Seems like the area is plagued by crickets and grasshoppers right now.
Pretty disappointed in the hotel "gym". The bike and elliptical machine are not hooked up to a power source so they do not function properly. The universal machine uses a screwdriver to hold the weight plates in place.
As far as rooms go, they seem a little tired, but they are clean.
Breakfast is the typical Express breakfast.
Staff is very friendly and all seem to enjoy working here, so that helps offset some of the negatives.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sirsmokeyjoe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear sirsmokeyjoe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the room condition and the gym. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The price was good, and we reserved a two room suite for three adults. The day before our arrival we got a phone call from the hotel asking us if we were sure we really wanted that room. I thought it was a bit strange, as I had made the reservation, had already paid for the room, and hadn't inquired about making changes.

We were there for five nights. After the second night, housekeeping didn't give us clean towels, and had left coffee cups behind. And they didn't refresh the in room coffee service. The coup de grace was the penultimate night when they did no housekeeping in our room, beyond picking up the wet towels from the prior days swim. They never came to clean the room.

Breakfast was mediocre, but the coffee wasn't bad. One of our rooms smelled like smoke, despite being a nonsmoking room because it was right over the front entrance where many guests went to smoke, and the AC just sucked it up and spewed it into the room.

It wasn't a total disaster. The room itself was not luxurious but very nice and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. It was certainly conveniently located. The pool was nice as well, although it really does miss the hot tub. However, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by housekeeping and food selections that was served. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service. Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel the wedding party picked to book rooms at. When my husband called to make a reservation he was told they had no rooms available. This was interesting since after we hung up with the desk clerk we went online and made a reservation for a room.

We checked in at about 3:30 and others that were there for the wedding hadn't been able to get in their rooms yet due to them still being cleaned. When we parked we went in an end door that was supposed to be a key card entrance only but it was unlocked. It was never locked for our whole visit. Being right off the interstate this didn't feel very secure. The room we had was nice and fit our needs. There were lots of plug ins which was a wonderful.

I went to get out the ironing board and iron to get my husband and children's clothes around only to find we had an iron but no ironing board. I went to the front desk and told the lady working that we did not have an ironing board in our room and we did need one to get ready for the wedding. Her response was "I'll see if I can find you one. They break really easy." She didn't act much like she cared so I told her that we needed to leave for a wedding soon and I needed to iron before we left. I went back to our room and about 20 minutes later there was a very soft knock at our door. I went to the door and found the ironing board leaning up against it.

The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. We arrived back at the hotel too late to use the pool. The biggest plus to this hotel was the breakfast. The young man who was cleaning the breakfast area and keeping it well stocked was very nice. The food was your typical breakfast but it was good and kept full.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gagesmom314
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Gagesmom314,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased that you liked our breakfast and found the bed comfortable. My apologies for the overall inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We arrived late at night after being on the road over 12 hours. Almost immediately after getting to our room the electricity went off. We were told by the lady at the front desk that they expected it to be restored quickly. We could see lights on at surrounding properties. There were thunderstorms in the area but we were told it was something with their breaker box. The electricity was still off when we left the next morning. No hot water, no lights, no breakfast. They took my name and phone number and told me I'd be contacted about an adjustment to the bill. After no return call, I called them and was told there would be no adjustment; it was an act of God that the electricity was off. The lady told me she didn't make the electrcity go off. I explained (calmly I thought) that a full refund was not being asked for but that we should be compensated for the inconvenience and lack of breakfast. At that point she offerred $25 which I said was not enough even to cover the cost of breakfast for 4 adults. She accused me of attacking her and said she would not risk her job by going back to the owner for more. She said no one forced us to stay; we could have left at any time. It was nearly midnight and we had been told service would be restored quickly. She told me that if we had stayed later the following morning she personally would have purchased our breakfast. I didn't know if we should have left sooner or later. After listening to her tell me about how long the electricity was off at her house, the call ended. I called Holiday Inn customer service and they sent a check for $44. I have traveled frequently and internationally and never been treated so poorly, nothing even close. Holiday Inn does not want my business and I will happily accommodate them. We will never stay at any Holiday Inn or InterContinental Hotels Group holel again. There are a lot of other very good choices.

Room Tip: Stay at Hampton Inn or Days Inn or anywhere but Holiday Inn and other InterContinental Hotels Group...
1  Thank Linda S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Linda S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to know from our guests on how we are doing. I am sincerely sorry your stay was negatively affected by the shortcomings received in the service of the staff. Your comments will be reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken to rectify these unsatisfactory circumstances.

Again, thanks for the candid review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed two night here attending the Special Olympics because all the motels in Stillwater were booked up. Room was very clean and had a refrigerator and a microwave. The best part was definitely the bed- it was super comfy!

The free breakfast had a lot of variety and they kept the food fresh.

There are a few fast food places near by.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Very clean, comfortable beds, kids loved the pool, yummy biscuits and gravy. A little pricey. Our only complaint the hot tub (which was listed as an ammenity on booking.com) has apparently been removed. There's just a built up area covered in tile, but the typical hot tub warning signs are still on the wall. We'd stay there again!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I needed to relax SOOO bad, had been SO stressed, so booked a jacuzzi suite at this hotel. I've NEVER paid $150./night for any room, but felt this would be so worth it, as a birthday gift from my hubby. Upon entering the room, I noticed the hot water handle was missing, and knew there was NO way the jacuzzi would be hot without the hot water!! As I left for supper, I stopped by the front desk & informed the clerk about it, and she said she'd contact housekeeping/mgmt/maintenance & find out what was going on. 3 hours later, no one had returned her call, so my evening of relaxing in a hot tub as ruined! She did, however, say that upon check-out the next morning, my stay would be discounted. Ya think? However, HI Express regular king rooms are $115./night, I was NOT (!) willing to pay that, as I would NOT have stayed there if I'd known I wasn't going to have the jacuzzi suite. You can get as nice a room for much MUCH less at another chain, close by. We finally agreed on a much lower price, AFTER they dared (!) to argue with me, the day manager was very rude about it! She did finally (!) keep apologizing AFTER we agreed on a price. The breakfast was delicious, hotel was fancy & rooms were clean & comfy, but WAY overpriced!! The jacuzzi room should NOT (!) have been online for booking since it was out of service, but it shouldn't have taken 30 days to get it fixed, which is what she claimed happened. I would NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: Check your room beforehand to make sure everything is in working order & what you want!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear cookie_1211,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the service provided and the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma Cit...
#38 of 154 in Oklahoma City
#6 of 7 in Guthrie
#42 of 154 in Oklahoma City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond? Share your experiences!