Pollard Bed and Breakfast
  • Restaurant
US$95
US$67
  • Free Internet
All reviewsb bhistoric downtown districtlarrytheatreinnsanniversaryhistoryoklahoma
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed here for new years eve and had the best time. The room was decorated so beautifully, filled with antiques! The bed was so comfortable and warm and the temp of the room was slightly cool so I stayed cozy all night. I had a great view out my window. When I woke up in the morning I was late for breakfast and the owners made sure I ate. The food was so good, a little different, i had never had a 5 course meal before. everyone was so nice and I really felt like I was at home, except they did the cooking and cleaning! I will be coming back!

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank 4weeman
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I will start with the positives. The owner was charming, check in was smooth, the bed was comfortable, I asked for a quiet room near an exit and that is what I received. (other than the train close by but that is out of the owners hands) I stayed in room 202. It was very obvious that this room had not been updated since the 1980's. The wallpaper in the bathroom was moldy and literally falling off the walls. The facets that had once been gold were encrusted in green, leaked, so much so that the tub was stained green. Not what I expected at the price point of this bed and breakfast. They should be ashamed to charge the price they did for the room they provided. I did have a chance to speak with the owner but did not express my concerns because it was just too much to even go into and I was just ready to leave. You can believe the prior review by 'Sherry H' about the worn look of everything, the food (which I had a bite of everything, left on the table and told them to not even bother with the 5th item) and was greeted at breakfast by a teenager who was barefoot and apologized for being in her 'jammies' as she put it....

Room Tip: Unless you pay under $50 for a room, go somewhere else....
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank jandpyoung
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I were in town and stayed for two nights in Mid-May. We stayed in the annex building overlooking the post office. It was very quiet and comfortable despite the stairs and a few of the rooms being in a state of remodeling. The two breakfasts we had were well paced and delightfully delicious - however they were very casually served by equally delightful staff in the dining area looking out over intersection in comfortable barrell swivel chairs at intimate tables. The owner's daughter played the piano when it got less busy toward the end of the service time. Amazing, unique, and filling food - although NOT for the bacon, eggs, and flapjacks crowd. A bit difficult at check out as entire wedding groups were checking out at the same time...but it all got done.

Room Tip: rooms in the anex would be my choice - you will not be affected by events in the ballroom or the main hotel area there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goodarts
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I don't even know where to begin. Honestly, my husband and I can't wait to return. Everyone was so nice and inviting from the moment we arrived. We slept well, we ate well, we played with the old games around the parlor area, in fact I just bought an identical Skittles top game because we had so much fun! We will be back very soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Briana N
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Our recent stay at the Pollard Inn was definitely not the experience that other reviewers have posted. Upon arrival, we went to one building and then across the street to another as the person on staff wasn't sure which place we were supposed to check in at.(?????) After waiting about 10 minutes in the west building, Michelle (manager) showed up, but very flustered and scattered. Got checked in but instead of having someone show us to our room, we were told we should wait for her to check in a large group behind us and then she would take us all over.
(In her defense, I believe there were two weddings happening that evening).
We asked her for directions and found our room ourselves in the bldg. across the street. As we proceeded up the stairs, we entered a large common room with games and a tv and small kitchen area. It was ok but rather worn looking. Entered our room which was very small, and very lacking in decor. It was also worn looking, but clean. The bathroom faucet handles were broken, the door to the bathroom had cracks in it and it just appeared to be a room that should've cost more like a Motel 6 than the $149 we paid. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot, however, which was a welcome relief.
That evening, as we were trying to go to sleep, a VERY loud group of people came into the common area around 11:00 and remained very loud for at least 30 minutes. We could hear every word they said! They were the occupants of the other 3 rooms off of the common room.
There were loud noises from the street, several trains that came through, and because the curtains don't go the the top of the window, the room was as light as if there had been a 25 watt bulb on due to the street lights. Finally got to sleep around 1 a.m., looking forward to the breakfast that other reviewers and Michelle upon check-in had raved about.

Breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. The dining room is filled with small rectangle tables and odd little barrel chairs. Not much atmosphere, except for the grand piano in the corner that is apparently not used. Tablecloths were wrinkled as if they had been sitting in the dryer overnight. Sat for about 6 to 7 minutes before anyone brought us water to drink. We asked for hot tea and were brought 2 mugs of hot water and 2 mangled boxes of green tea and a bowl with 3 other random tea bags in it. Shortly after this, the first course came....3 teeny bowls....one with a dozen ghirardelli chocolate chips (like the kind from Sam's Club that you make cookies with), one with about a dozen pistachio nuts, and another with about a tablespoonful of
dehydrated shreds of mango (looked like shredded cheese). After about 10 minutes, we received the second course.....a plate of 2 different 1/2 inch cubes of cheese (6 of each). We had to finally ask for the juice that was supposed to be part of the meal. Another 10 minutes and the 3rd course was served. It consisted of a small egg and cheese dish that was obviously prepared in a cupcake tin and was about an inch and a half tall. Pretty good but just very small. Oh yeah, there was a 1/2 tsp. of hummus beside it served with a few pita triangles. 10 more minutes passed and we received the 4th course....something else the size of a small cupcake that they described as a cross between french toast and souffle? It was dusted with confectioners sugar and served with small pieces of strawberries and a few blueberries. Fruit was good but the rest we just ate a bite or two. Our table was very crowded and they finally came and took things away. We had another cup of hot tea, wondering if there really was a fifth course. Waited about 20 minutes and out comes two melon ball scoops of strawberry sorbet. It was very good and refreshing. We left breakfast a little hungry with the small portions that were served, especially since we didn't care for the french toast/souffle. The wait staff were dressed in jeans and sweats and were not very professional. Not even sort of professional. It felt like we were at a high school fundraiser and the kids were serving us in the gym.

Upon checkout, we came downstairs to where we had checked in and found a large pile of room keys, but no one to be found. As there is a charge for lost keys, I called the cell phone numbers Michelle had given us to see if we were supposed to just leave our keys out on the open desk or what the check out process might be. No one answered the numbers that were called so I left a msg. stating I was leaving my key on the desk. I have never stayed in a bed and breakfast that was so impersonal and the caretakers to seem so lost in what they were doing.

If there had only been one of the above things, maybe even a couple....we could've understood. But it was just one bad thing after another. Beginning to think no one is available at checkout because they don't want to deal with complaints. We won't be recommending or returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends