“Very Good Ribs”

Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Guthrie
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Billy Sims Barbecue specializes in traditional backyard barbecue, serving smoked meats such as: brisket, pulled pork, polish sausage, hot links, bologna, St. Louis style ribs, and boneless chicken and turkey. We serve the highest quality meats and sides in a casual atmosphere that celebrates the career triumphs of 1978 Heisman, Billy Sims.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

To be honest, the only meat I’ve ever tried is the ribs, which is the primary reason I come to Billy Sims. I like to order the Half Back combo, which comes with six ribs and two sides, and a kid’s rib dinner, which comes with two ribs, and the option of a fruit cup or chips, and a drink. Both meals come with toast, but they will offer onions, pickles, and pepperoncini peppers with the adult meal. I will split the ribs with my child, so he will have more, and give him one of my sides, too. On this occasion, I ordered the baked potato salad and green beans, but they gave me baked beans; neither one of us likes baked beans, so my child had to do without his side, since he hates baked potato salad. The total cost of the two meals combined was $20.69, including tax. Normally, the staff is friendly, but not on this visit. I guess it must have been a long day.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Great customer service. Guess it was obvious I had never been there so guy asked if I had and had mini conversation. Nice interaction. Loved the mac and cheese. Pulled pork was great.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for the first time, while going thru town. I had a delicious chopped brisket sandwich, piled high with meat. Also tried their amazing tasting baked potato salad. Plenty of parking. Deco is OU and boomer stuff. Fast and friendly service.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stopped by for a quick lunch...food was good and hot, excellent choice of sides! The sauces are at the table, so that is nice.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Billy Sims in Guthrie yesterday. We have tried other Billy Sims including the one in McAlester. I find all vey good. At the one in Guthrie I had the coleslaw.