Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
All reviewslong drivefront desk staffstayed for nightswould stay here againinternet connectioncontinental breakfastosu football gamebreakfast was excellentbeds were comfortableoff the highwaythe breakfast areawesternmotelcleanlinessstillwatermicrowavetexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Poor value here. Had to wait for clerk to check in and clerk was absent altogether for check out. The bed was comfortable and the towels reasonable, but the new flat screen TV was small and the rest of the hotel felt just plain worn out. The breakfast buffet could have been good, but the food was not hot, the eggs tough, and the sausage overcooked. Waffle was good, but curiously had to wait for the attendant to make it, even though it was the same self serve waffle maker you see everywhere. Stay somewhere else and grab breakfast on the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nice hotel and close to interstate. Night clerk a bit grumpy but maybe she was just having a bad day. I ask for a room where I could see the parking lot. She lays in to me about limited rooms and I will just have to take what she has. Ended up on first floor looking out over the lot. Would have been just as easy to say OK got you one. Breakfast was good and the lady's kept all of it full. A really great restaurant in town about 3-4 miles away. Cannot remember the name but if you go in to town. It cannot be missed and the food was plentiful. Would have stayed again on the way back but I would have gotten there late and really did not want to chance running in to another lecture.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This Best Western meets almost all my personal check points for a motel of this type. It is quiet, has a refrigerator and microwave. Another of my problems with motel is the bedside lap. Often they are too high or hard to switch off, but not here. There is a toggle switch at the base of the laps by the bed, making them very easy to turn on and off. The lamps are low, lighting your book and not the room or your bed partner and easy to move on the bedside tables.

Breakfast was a suprise, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and biscuits and gravy, as well as the usual bagels and waffles. They do something I have not noticed before in other motels; each piece of bread is individually wrapped in plastic wrap. Seems silly to me.

Over all I am very happy with the BW Territorial Inn

Room Tip: As always I suggest a room away from the lobby, outside door and vending machines.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a very good stay at the Best Western in Guthrey, OK. The total experience was in my opinion the friendliest, warmest, and most comfortable stay in any hotel that we have ever stayed. We will be making another trip there and we are already planning on bringing our entire family with us. Even the town has a lot to offer for the family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay here for a family wedding. We had seen reviews where apparently it was going through construction and remodeling, not quite sure where the remodeling was taking place because I saw none. Took a few minutes for someone to come to the front desk. When she arrived we could tell what the experience was going to be like. She was not unfriendly, just not very excited to be there, but I wasn't either. We got to our "non smoking" room that smelled like 50 ash trays. The hallway was filled with smoke smell as well. We call down to get transferred to another room. We get to the other side of the hotel and it did not smell like cigs anymore. The room just makes you feel like bluh. It wasn't dirty, just very old looking like you would see in an 80's-90's movie. We were deceived by other reviews and got a refund from the agency we booked it with after fighting with about 5 people. Waaaaay too much for the quality. We went down the hill to a holiday inn for the same exact price and was well worth it. Don't have high expectations for this place. I have been to really nice best westerns but this was not one of them and needs a lot of work.

• Stayed: August 2013