“Very clean property with welcoming staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We found this hotel through Trip Advisor following a long drive across the panhandle of Oklahoma. We arrived with no reservation, after dark. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The breakfast was fresh and the buffet bar was very clean. The breakfast room was large and inviting. I could not have asked for a better night's stay on a long road trip east.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Guymon, Oklahoma is a small town in the Oklahoma panhandle. This is the best place to stay here. I was on my way back to Colorado after visiting friends in Enid, Oklahoma. I stumbled upon this average little Holiday Inn express around 9:50 PM. The rooms are fairly large. I didn't care if they were or not, I was staying one night. The staff is very friendly. My only complaint is that the business center computer wasn't working and I needed directions back to Colorado. Overall very pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn express Guymon, Oklahoma.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

very nice room, good breakfast, nice pool etc as well as small work out room. really couldnt ask for more. front desk seems to have a lot of friends hanging around in the evening but i didnt spend much time down there so not a problem for us. workers were all friendly and helpfull. will definatley use again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed there for the Dust Bowl Marathon. The front desk workers were very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was good and had many choice. The rooms were very clean. we had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed on business travel. I have to say it is a very nice fixture to this small town. I absolutely Loved it. The rooms are beautiful, the two workers that greeted me were Very nice and helpful. This hotel has everything you need and free cookies! If I'm in this area, I will never stay anywhere except here. Perfect!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Did not care for the heat pump in the room. It was either too hot or too cold. The girl at front desk came and tried to fix it but it did not work. The fan is also to close to the bed so anyone sleeping next to it is either too hot or cold.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

An employee misrepresented herself as a manager and proceeded to tell my husband that she didn't have the ability to make changes to charges made on our credit card. She said we would have to wait 2 weeks to talk to a "real"manager. Later the same day my husband checked Mint to see that they had made another charge on our card and asked me to go down to the front desk and find out what the charge was for and why it was being charged. When I went down to speak to someone about the charges miraculously there was an assignment manager who said, "I have the power to take care of anything." So all of a sudden incorrect charges could be taken care of while just a few hours earlier my husband was told we had to wait 2 weeks, there was never a mention of this powerful assistant manager.
This guy never apologized for any of the errors his employees made and liked to talk in circles. Lucky for him everything was finally worked out but I would never stay at this hotel again. Good customer service goes a long way with people and they would be wise to remember that in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
hieguymon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Nikita,
First, i would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express of Guymon Oklahoma. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guest.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, i do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mention in your review, especially the miscommunication between your husband and the front desk staff he initially spoke with. This issue should have been resolved at the moment it was brought up. Please know that your valuable comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to provide a more positive guest experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Shawn Patel