“They appear to be working on fixing up the place but...”

Budget Inn & Suites Guymon
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Reviewed 11 October 2013

- Upon first entering the room it looked okay.
- The overwhelming smell of some type of odor neutralizer or perfume was so prevalent that it burned my eyes.
- Opened the drapes to let some light in and found the window FULL of flies.
- Obviously something usually attracts flies but could it really be the perfume smell?
- We spent over a half hour killing off at least one hundred or more flies before retiring for the night.
- The furniture is outdated and the upholstery is soiled and stained. One lamp was broken with the only way to turn it on or off was to plug it in and then unplug it.
- The linens are all really old and thin and the bright white color is long gone as well.
- A new toilet had been installed but the bathroom door hits it upon opening or closing.
- Ask not to be in a room anywhere near the "Wise Guys" bar & grill unless you want to hear loud conversations near bar closing time.
- Also be aware that the few rooms with a second level are not well insulated from noise above.
However, with all that said, it was clean enough and the price was okay (after having to negotiate the lower internet advertised rate) that we felt we got our money's worth. Read in to that what you want.

Room Tip: Try to get a single story room and stay away from rooms near the Wise Guys bar & grill.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed Here mainly because of the rate, and because others had said it was clean. We rented two rooms, both with king size beds. The carpet and matresses were both fairly new. The furniture was older and needed some repair. The commode/shower room was small but clean. The light over the sink burned very hot and smelled like dust. It was basically your average motel. They advertized an indoor and outdoor pool, but both were closed. In fact, the indoor pool had been tiled over. Breakfast was very basic--we didnt have anything except for the coffee. Stay here if You want a clean room witha decent rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this motel in Guymon on our way home to Denver and were very pleased. We were just passing through and didn't need a fancy motel - just a clean room and free wifi. We came in at 8pm and were tired and truthfully, I was a little grumpy. However, the gentleman at the desk didn't seem to notice my bad mood. Shawn went the extra mile and helped us get settled in quickly and when I had an issue connecting to the wifi, he quickly helped me with my problem (my problem - not the motel's). We will definitely stay here again when we find ourselves in the area and need a place. The good customer service changed my attitude and enabled us to have a nice evening and get a good start home the next morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gregg C
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Security is a big thing with me when I'm staying in "Uncharted Waters" by my standards,places I've never been to. The security cameras are what totally sold me! The place is very clean and the suite I stayed in was very spacious with all the amenities plus! The staff very friendly and helpful they even offered to bring me some ice since the ice machine near my room stopped functioning the day I checked in. WOW! Now that is true customer service! I'm not hesitant to stay here again, it was a PLEASURE with an added bounus of security. Thanks Western Townsman Inn! :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank T H
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Family run business. Great value! "Harry" at the front desk made sure I had what I wanted. Clean, great wi-fi (that's worth the price of admission alone for THIS road warrior), biker, frig, cable, comfortable bed. For $45? Fuggidaboudit! THIS is my new home in Guymon!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Rbcwarbucks57
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The motel has nice rooms,they are clean and well maintained. New owners seem to make the difference.Stppped here for one night at random not much in the town but about 3 miles north
there is a shopping centre with fast food outlets. I think the motel price of $60 us is fair so its worth a stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winmac01
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed here for a few days while driving to OK, This is our second stay, It is under new management from our last stay, the new owners are awesome, very helpful and friendly.
They have new furniture in all rooms along with microwave, fridges and hotplates, which is very helpful to have, if you are going to be staying for a long period of time. Also a good variety of breakfast options. The waffles are delicious, and the thought and effort put into making this breakfast area a place like home to sit down and eat. I think this place has lots going for it, and you won't make a mistake staying here. Good luck and thank you Western Townsman for the great hospitality.

Room Tip: Get to know the employees & management, they are truly helpful and love to talk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple