“Very friendly staff”

Budget Inn & Suites Guymon
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my husband while he was working in the area and we very much enjoyed our stay! The guy at the front desk (Sean) was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very big and the bed was comfortable. Seemed like they were updating a bit. We will definitely stay if we come back to the area!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SHAWN P, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear millwind13

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 580-338-6556.

Shawn Patel
America's Best Value Inn Guymon OK

Reviewed 22 February 2014

"Formerly the Western Townsman Inn, Americas Best Value Inn of Guymon is run by friendly and accommodating staff. Sean, Tristan and the staff made my work stay from July to February a very enjoyable stay. The rooms are comfortable, clean and updated. They took care of everything I needed, and breakfast was there every morning, and even helped me rescue a couple of stray puppies. Wiseguys Italian Grill is right there in the building, where the bar is run by some great staff. Sitting at the bar, you're not a seat number, you have a name and they remember it. Kelly, Nick, Shelly, and the crew will see to it that you get the best service they offer. The Cajun chicken pasta, Chicken parmesan salad, and Lasagna were my favorites and they also have the best steaks in town. Compliments to the kitchen crew! Ask for the hotel discount at Wiseguys for 10% off. Tell them Leyoen the Handlebar mustached wind turbine tech sent you. To Sean, the ABVI, and the staff at Wiseguys, Thank you for all the southern hospitality!"

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Leyoen G

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the kind words about our beds and property overall. We hope to see you again when you return to Guymon.

Kind Regards,

Shawn Patel
America's Best Value Inn Guymon OK

Reviewed 11 October 2013

- Upon first entering the room it looked okay.
- The overwhelming smell of some type of odor neutralizer or perfume was so prevalent that it burned my eyes.
- Opened the drapes to let some light in and found the window FULL of flies.
- Obviously something usually attracts flies but could it really be the perfume smell?
- We spent over a half hour killing off at least one hundred or more flies before retiring for the night.
- The furniture is outdated and the upholstery is soiled and stained. One lamp was broken with the only way to turn it on or off was to plug it in and then unplug it.
- The linens are all really old and thin and the bright white color is long gone as well.
- A new toilet had been installed but the bathroom door hits it upon opening or closing.
- Ask not to be in a room anywhere near the "Wise Guys" bar & grill unless you want to hear loud conversations near bar closing time.
- Also be aware that the few rooms with a second level are not well insulated from noise above.
However, with all that said, it was clean enough and the price was okay (after having to negotiate the lower internet advertised rate) that we felt we got our money's worth. Read in to that what you want.

Room Tip: Try to get a single story room and stay away from rooms near the Wise Guys bar & grill.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed Here mainly because of the rate, and because others had said it was clean. We rented two rooms, both with king size beds. The carpet and matresses were both fairly new. The furniture was older and needed some repair. The commode/shower room was small but clean. The light over the sink burned very hot and smelled like dust. It was basically your average motel. They advertized an indoor and outdoor pool, but both were closed. In fact, the indoor pool had been tiled over. Breakfast was very basic--we didnt have anything except for the coffee. Stay here if You want a clean room witha decent rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this motel in Guymon on our way home to Denver and were very pleased. We were just passing through and didn't need a fancy motel - just a clean room and free wifi. We came in at 8pm and were tired and truthfully, I was a little grumpy. However, the gentleman at the desk didn't seem to notice my bad mood. Shawn went the extra mile and helped us get settled in quickly and when I had an issue connecting to the wifi, he quickly helped me with my problem (my problem - not the motel's). We will definitely stay here again when we find ourselves in the area and need a place. The good customer service changed my attitude and enabled us to have a nice evening and get a good start home the next morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gregg C
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Security is a big thing with me when I'm staying in "Uncharted Waters" by my standards,places I've never been to. The security cameras are what totally sold me! The place is very clean and the suite I stayed in was very spacious with all the amenities plus! The staff very friendly and helpful they even offered to bring me some ice since the ice machine near my room stopped functioning the day I checked in. WOW! Now that is true customer service! I'm not hesitant to stay here again, it was a PLEASURE with an added bounus of security. Thanks Western Townsman Inn! :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank T H
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Family run business. Great value! "Harry" at the front desk made sure I had what I wanted. Clean, great wi-fi (that's worth the price of admission alone for THIS road warrior), biker, frig, cable, comfortable bed. For $45? Fuggidaboudit! THIS is my new home in Guymon!

• Stayed: October 2012