“Illegal Charges”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heavener
Wagoner, Oklahoma
“Illegal Charges”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

After a very mediocre experience, we returned home to find a $25.00 pet fee charged to our bank card. IF we had a pet, we could understand. However, there was no pet there. I called to politely handle this situation as an obvious misunderstanding and was met with hostility and then being called a liar. The "manager" with whom I spoke then informed Me that he had no way of getting in touch with the owner of the Inn. He then went on to tell me that when the room was cleaned, there were hairs found in the room by the cleaners. After telling him several times that we have no pet that travels with us, he told us HE was the one who cleaned the room and not only found the hairs, but actually had seen My wife and daughter taking a dog into the room. He could not however describe the dog, nor my wife and daughter and then promptly hung up on me. IF you ever have the misfortune of staying here PLEASE check your bank account a few days after returning home for any spurious charges. This review WILL be posted on every Heavener site I can find as well as the Better Business Bureau, The Heavener Police for Theft and Improper use of a Bank Account

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank MartyAngus
GREENCOUNTRYINN, General Manager at Green Country Inn, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
The fees for Pets has been refunded to this guest. But they have not change review on trip advisor .guest have said they have send email to the tripadvisor and change the review content. but has not change anything so we have to response to the this review. but guest also has review on GOOGLE also

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We previously stayed in this hotel in June of this year. It was nothing special, but it got the job done and it was clean. So, when we decided to come back to Heavener we made a reservation.

Tonight we arrived (after a 5 hour drive) and we were told there was no room. We attempted to tell the woman at the counter that we had a reservation, but she did not understand much English and simply repeated there was no room. We then showed her the reservation on our phone, but again we were told "no room".

It was not only nearly impossible to understand her, she obviously could not understand us. We still do not know why we were turned away with a month old reservation, as there were 4 cars in the parking lot, but we will definitely NOT be returning.

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank dballs121
GREENCOUNTRYINN, General Manager at Green Country Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
we are sorry for any inconvenience cause by us for your trip on OTC 20 Th.she was confuse with your reservation because whoever made reservation online usually they bring the paper print. and during this weekend all the hotel usually stay busy every year this area. sometime people just checked in without reservation so that's why she did not give you the room.but your business very important to us and we will like you stay with us in feature .if you come next time and stay with us we will give you discount on your stay.second reason was we have railroad contract they stay with us year around so we have to hold the room for them because they come anytime of the day or night .if we don't leave the room open for them they would not find any hotel rooms in our area during the OTC 20 Th weekend.

Travellers are raving about these Heavener hotels

Corinth, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband & I stayed here while on a 2 week vacation. We made reservations in advance and our request for a downstairs room was honored. Our room was very clean and appeared to have recently been remodeled and they offer everything you can think of right down to a disposable razor, shaving cream, and toothbrush. Like the mini fridge and free wifi. Did not like how high the bed was. Also the office staff does not speak or seem to understand English that well, but seemed ready to try to please. It is conveniently located with in walking distance to Sonic and the Southern Belle Restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PJB888
GREENCOUNTRYINN, Manager at Green Country Inn, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for getting time for us and giving us such good reveiw in here.we will still improve our service to stishfied our guest thank you once again
Hutchinson KS
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have stayed here many times when visiting family. The rooms are updated with nice beds and okay decor. We love the frig in each room. Saves us on soda and bottled water. We havenever had a problemwith street noise while staying here.There is a Sonic next door to eat at. Heavener is a small town but there is alot to do in the area. Lake Wister is fun!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back away form the road.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank spoiledrotten_2010
St. Louis
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I've stayed in both major cities and small towns, and in a variety of establishments. Usually when I travel, money is generally no object and I only stay at the best rated hotels, but given the small size of Heavener, OK, and the number of hotels available, I have adjusted my review accordingly. I had to attend a business meeting in Heavener, and needed a place to stay. The company made a reservation for me to stay at the Green Country Inn. This is a small "motor" hotel with entrances to the rooms on the outside of the building vs. hallway corridors. The room had no frills - a basic bed, small furniture, and an area with a sink, small coffee pot, and a bathroom. I'd have to give the cleanliness a low rating, as a few small crawling insects were discovered in the bathroom and bedroom. I was too tired to further investigate, but generally I like to be the only living thing in a hotel room. The sink appeared clean, but a closer look revealed some brown smudge around the faucet. The room probably could have used a more thorough cleaning. The light in the shower was a small square florescent-type, which didn't seem adequate and made for an unwelcome feel (I like to feel at home in the shower). The bed was a bit of a disappointment. Like many hotel beds, the mattress had a cave-in on the right side, so my body had a hard time adjusting to its shape. I found the pillows to be overly-flat and not too comfortable, so I didn't sleep too well during the night. Overall, I would have been happier spending $20/night more and had a better quality experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Austin940
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heavener
Days Inn & Suites Poteau
SureStay Plus Hotel Poteau
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
No photo provided
Poteau Inn
#4 of 5 in Poteau

Been to Green Country Inn? Share your experiences!