“What a disappointment”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idabel
Flower Mound, Texas
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here one evening on our way from the Dallas area to Tahlequah, Oklahoma. The front desk staff member was pleasant, and quickly booked us a room on the 2nd floor. When we walked in, we saw all the bed pillows piled in a big heap in the center of the bed and were without pillowcases. I phoned the front desk and was asked if I was sure they were without pillowcases. My reply was, do your pillowcases have zippers? She said no, and apologized, and booked us into another room, this time on the first floor.

The room they gave us was a suite with a nice somewhat large sitting room that had its own television. The room was very dark and the lighting not very good. But we could see that there was a splotch of paint on a wall that obviously didn't belong there, and none of the walls had the cove base installed (and that was the case also in the first room we were in on the 2nd floor), so the room was not finished with a remodel.

But what made it really poor was when we headed off to bed, my husband was walking in his stocking feet through the bedroom area, and the carpet was wet the entire length of the long dresser opposite the foot of the bed. It was so late at this point, and we were tired from our trip, that just tried to avoid that area rather than ask for another room.

Breakfast was also a disappointment. Both coffee urns were empty (regular and decaf), the cheese "omelets" were dry and crispy on the bottoms, the sausage looked like it had been microwaved and not pan sauteed.

There aren't many choices in this small town, but I would try another hotel next time we're in this area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

None of the members of the staff, at check in, check out and at breakfast, showed any passion for her/his work and.none of them did take any effort to make feel my wife and me at home. we were treated like a burden instead of valuable guests. No eye contact, not a friendly word, even not a single word more than strictly required. The suite was not a suite at all, even not a partial room divider. Only the presence of a narrow 2-seat sofa instead of an armchair justified the difference between a standard room and a suite. Room was clean, but very small and furnished with very dark furniture and decorations. Both bed linnen and the room itself had a strange and unpleasant smell. Window could not be opened to ventilate the room. Tap in the bathroom didn't function well, terrible difficult to adjust. Reasonable breakfast in unpleasant breakfast area. Wallpaper came of the wall and was t some placed stapled to the wall to keep it fixed. Rate was not worth what we got.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Parimal P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hello, I would like to start by apologizing to you and your family for the unpleasant stay. We strive to make everyones stay here great and our staff's performance will has been addressed. I would like to take the opportunity to ask if you could contact the hotel directly and ask for myself, Parimal Patel. I would like to take the time and get your feedback and respond to you personally. I appreciate the comments and we ask that you might give us a chance to earn your business another time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on points, on the way to Hot Springs. Property has been updated recently, room still smelled of fresh paint. Still renovating property, looks like its almost finished. Very nice amenities. Breakfast was good. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when this place first opened 8+ years ago and it has not been kept up. They are remodeling and charging full price for the rooms. My tub was clogged, there was tape on the floor boards, there where dead bugs in the light fixtures, and the toilet moved. Yikes!! I know this is the country but their management needs to walk these rooms. For the price I shelled out I was expecting more of the first time I stayed here. Will stay somewhere else when I visit family. Not worth it!

• Stayed August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Where to begin!? Stood in the lobby for 20 minutes waiting for someone to show up so I could check in. When the clerk finally arrived she seemed a little put out that she actually had to interact with customers. Got the key to my room, went upstairs, and the hallway was dingy. The hotel seems to be stuck in limbo between "under renovation" and "condemned." There was plaster dust all over the place. Got to my room, and the first thing I noticed was duct tape holding the carpet down under the door. DUCT TAPE!! Then, my key wouldn't work to open the door. Had to lug my luggage down to the lobby and get the inattentive and discourteous clerk to re-magnetize it. FINALLY got iinto my room, and the baseboard was missing in part of the room, so there was bare drywall exposed. The shower has two settings: off and on. Good luck changing the water temperature. At least you don't have to spend much time in the shower. You can't actually, since the shower doesn't drain well and will fill up. The last day I was there, I had crickets in my room. The breakfast service wasn't absolutely terrible, but the orange juice was always warm. If you find that you have to stay in Idabel, OK, stay in one of the other cities and commute.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels HAVE to be better.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This one is hard to review. From the outside the place looks great and the lobby looks good too. Staff was friendly and the place is still being remodeled. Compared to other local motels this one is probably great but compared to other Choice Hotels it was not so great.
You can tell the owner is doing alot of the work himself so the remodel is progressing very slowly. Hallway on first floor is still not completed.
Our room was so called complete but there were several pieces of trim missing, the closet door would not close all the way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Illinois C
Parimal P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a response about your stay. We are very sorry for the problems you faced during your time with us. Our effort in making the hotel the best it can be has been a long process, and we hope that once it is complete you find the value for the stay is more acceptable. Our goal is to provide the best customer service and the best facilities for our guests. We will work harder to earn your business and hope you will give us an opportunity to make your next stay right. Again, thank you and have a wonderful day.

Parimal Patel
North Canton, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Front desk staff, particularly Regina on the evening shift could be nicer. As she checked us in, it seemed that we were disrupting her evening. No eye contact, no pleasantries, little that could pass a greeting just a room key and a rather rude dismissal. We mentioned the beautiful progress on their remodeling and there was little conversation from her in return. Not a great start to our stay.

The remodeling is in progress as of April 2013. Beautiful woodwork in place. Would love to see the finished results as it looks like they are doing a nice job at least on the lobby area.

The room was a typical Choice Hotels room. Clean, well furnished and decent bedding. Breakfast was typical as well. Lots of carbs, some fruit. I agree with other reviewers, there are restaurants a very short distance away if the breakfast doesn't have enough for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel have a pleasant view of the field and the woods.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
#6 of 6 in Broken Bow
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 6 in Broken Bow

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!