“Great hotel for military graduation”

SpringHill Suites Lawton
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Boston
“Great hotel for military graduation”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel recently to attend my nephews graduation from Basic Training at Fort Sill. The rooms are very nice and include a mini fridge and microwave as well as a sink. The accommodations were perfect for us as we had 3 suites and my nephew could spend time with us after the ceremonies and during his weekend pass. The rooms are spacious with a sitting area and 2 tvs which is nice for a longer stay. The location is excellent, very close to the base and many restaurants but set back so it is quiet. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay while visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Butterfly1963,

Thank you for the great review you have posted here. I would like to also congratulate your nephew on completing the Basic Training Course at Fort Sill, and thank him for his service to America. The team here wishes him well as he defends our country.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It is a Marriott property, so you can't go wrong. Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. The internet service is very slow during peak hours (6 pm to 10 pm). Breakfast is good with lots of choices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SoCalgw,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. The team appreciates your comments about clean and spacious rooms. I apologize that the internet bogged down during peak times. We do have plans to upgrade some of the service and equipment here soon. If you come back to Lawton I hope you choose o stay with us again.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites during our last trip to Lawton. The room was spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful even when we had a medical emergency. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: ground floor, away from exits so you aren't kept up by coming and going.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Lance W,

The team at Lawton SpringHill Suites wants to thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site. We are glad your family enjoyed the room and that we were able to help with your emergency. We hope everything turned out well for you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently visited with family to attend my son's graduation from Basic Training. All of the hotel staff was very friendly and polite. All of my questions were quickly answered...the room was very nice and spacious. It was just as I expected from the online descriptions. I would recommend this as a place to stay for anyone going to the Lawton/Fort Sill area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Susan K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for your stay at SpringHill Suites of Lawton. We appreciate your recommendation for families staying in the Lawton / Fort Sill area. Congratulations to you and your son for his graduation from Basic Training. We appreciate those that commit to the service of protecting our freedom.
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

SpringHill Suites by Marriott was a perfect hotel for a business stay@ Ft Sill-Lawton. Great, easy to find location just off the interstate and with quick access to gates at Ft Sill.. Check-in was quick and pleasant; my room was large with a desk, fridge, microwave, big bed and nice bath to include a Jacuzzi plus good internet. Hot breakfast with cereal and fruit options was great. Easy checkout - will stay here on all future visits!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor facing to rear of the building are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
whitleya,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your stay with us. The team here at SpringHill Suites is glad you enjoyed your stay so much. Your comments about the location, quick and pleasant check in, and room amenities, internet, and breakfast are very much appreciated. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2013

First let me say the breakfast was good, and room was fairly clean. We had to change rooms due to air not working. Main hotel was very warm too. Spacious room. Not in a very good area. The day we were checking out we found a maintenance man in our room, which creeped us out. It was 10am and we had till 12 to check out. He should not have been in our room! Employees smoked at front entrance. Promoting as a newly remodeled hotel but it still needs some TLC!

hsturner91,

I would like to apologize for the challenges you had during your stay with us. We did experience a problem with the air conditioning and the maintenance person completed the repair for that. I have checked with my staff to see who was smoking at the front door instead of the designated smoking area at the back. This should not have happened and I have taken steps to ensure it will not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am always interested in ways we can improve our service. If you should need anything further please contact me and I will be happy to assist you in any way necessary.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I am a frequent business traveler to Lawton, coming in about 10-12 weeks a year to work at the hospital a week at a time. I've been doing this since 2005, and have stayed at several of the hotels around town, and have decided to keep coming back to the Springhill Suites.

Everything has always been top notch: the condition and cleanliness of the rooms and common area, the excellent breakfast. What really makes the Springhill Suites stand out is the staff.

The staff are friendly and helpful, always courteous and professional, and do go the extra distance to make sure things are done right for you. There is a cheerful hello when you check in, and they always seem happy to see a new guest. Check in and check out are done quickly and effortlessly, always with a thank you that makes you feel that you made the right choice to stay. Any problems are dealt with quickly (once there was the smell of cigarette smoke in my room, and I was quickly switched to another room). Housekeeping is quiet and thorough, with never a sheet or towel out of place. The breakfast staff are cheerful and attentive, keeping the many delicious choices of food well stocked, even during busy times.

Clearly the management of the Springhill Suites in Lawton is doing an excellent job!

As others have stated, the hotel is quiet, with no road noise, and yet is seconds from the Interstate. The Cracker Barrel next door and the Sports Bar across the street are fine places to get a meal. The heavy set of curtains are opaque and completely block any light, so you will sleep well if light bothers you. The air conditioning units are powerful and not particularly noisy. They will get you cold even in the middle of the hot, humid summer. Shower water pressure is excellent, and there is plenty of hot water, even if the hotel is full.

Breakfast choices are excellent, a choice of hot eggs (usually scrambled) or cold boiled eggs, a hot meat or meat/potato dish, hot oatmeal, many cereals, muffins, danishes, bagels, toast, cut fresh fruit, and yogurt. Something for both the protein eaters and the carbo eaters. Tea, coffee, and juices are provided, of course.

The internet is easy to log into, but it can be slow during peak times, so I don't plan on watching movies or TV shows using Amazon. However, the cable TV choices and reception is excellent, so I haven't missed anything.

There are two sets of washer/dryers ($1 for the washer, 50 cents for the dryer). Once in a while I have to wait for a machine, but it's never been a problem getting my laundry done.

A reasonable question to ask is why not get an apartment or house if I spend so much time in Lawton. The monthly rental cost of a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment is similar to what I pay to stay for the week at the Springhill Suites. However, there are additional utility bills and insurance with the rental, plus the business of furnishing, cleaning, and maintaining the place. I edit my photos and read during my down time, so I don't need much space or equipment and am pretty portable.

For me, the Springhill Suites is nicer than a second home. All I have to do is show up, say hello, eat the nice breakfasts and the only work required to is to make one payment per travel week. It is well set up to allow me to concentrate on working and relaxing after working, which is why I keep coming back to it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Willis C,

It is so nice to read all of these fantastic comments about the SpringHill Suites. You took some time to write such a detailed review and we are so very thankful. It is always a pleasure to make everyone feel as though they came home, instead of just being at a hotel. Thank you for taking so much time to share your feelings about the team and the property amenities. The breakfast selections changed earlier this year and it is great feedback on the improvements. I apologize that the internet can get bogged down sometimes and I will see if we can get a solution to that. We look forward to seeing you next time you are here. Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites for your second home.