“Best place to stay in Lawton”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room was very spacious and comfortable. But the best part was actually eating breakfast at the hotel. We've stayed in hotels all across the United States and I think the breakfast here ranks among the best!

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Greetings;
Thank you for your kind words on our breakfast. We try to go the extra mile to provide something more than the other hotels do. We hope the rest of your visit went as well. Please come back and see us anytime.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights and found the room to be comfortable and clean. I used the hotel's shuttle once to return to the airport. The driver was courteous and punctual. The breakfast included hot and cold items daily. The internet is advertised as "free wireless internet", but does not work. The connection was so bad that I couldn't even print the boarding pass from the hotel's computer. I complained about the internet and was told by the front desk that it must be the weather. Of course, that makes no sense. Even if it did, the issues happened daily, regardless of weather. Another hotel employee did tell me that it's a common complaint and the management needs to change providers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mlovett88
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Good Morning;
Thank you for your comments and your business. I'm glad you had a nice stay. Concerning the internet, we normally have enough band width to cover our hotel and guests, but we do have time when near full house that a lot of people want to stream video and that alone takes its toll on the system. In the beginning of May we are adding additional band width to our system in hopes this will fix the situation. My apologies if you had any trouble. Thanks again for your visit. have a great day.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We chose this hotel because of the great ratings on trip advisor and the fact that it had an indoor pool. We had just spent a week in Texas and with the cold weather, we were unable to get out on the beach. Well, the pool is very small and it was cold, so we didn't get in. No hot tub either.
So we head to our room to get a good nights sleep. At 2am, someone above us started jumping up and down and made so much noise that it would have woke the dead. But the best was yet to come.
Around 345am, another couple entered our room! I had the deadbolt and the latch on, but I guess those don't work if your room key is given to someone else. We all sat bolt upright and were unable to get any sleep after that. Then, we were packing up our car the next day, we discovered that they had inactived OUR keys, so one of us had to stay in the room to let the others back in.
I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and have never had anything like this happen. When we checked out, we were offered half off the room. Not enough, in my opinion, for the worst hotel experience in my life.

Room Tip: Good luck. Take a room on the top floor at the back and put a chair under your door.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanne L
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Jeanne;
Good morning, let me first offer my apologies for a less than stellar stay at my hotel. I want to go through and respond to all parts of your comments, since you took the time out of your busy day. I'm sorry your trip to Texas was not the best, and then coming to us you expected a bit more. The pool, while heated is not overly heated, and may appear cold to some. You mentioned a hot-tub, we do not own or advertise one. Concerning the noise above you, did you call the front desk to let them know so they can contact the guest and request them to stop? We do not want noise to bother you and usually a call from the desk will quiet them down. Now to the big part, we made a mistake, we messed up. I can not tell you why it happened, it just did, plane and simple, my people were wrong. An error like this is not excusable. We tested the door lock in your room and it works perfect, the dead bolt does work as it should and the latch, if on works just right also. The room key does not open the dead bolt, just for this very reason, only an emergency key that I alone carry will, and nothing can open the latch. The reason you keys failed to work the next day is that new keys had been issued to the other party and those in turn shut yours off. I know at check out, Stephanie did adjust your room for 1/2 off and at that time was acceptable, I will go ahead and return the rest of your bill. While accidents happen we do strive to get everything right,and with you we failed. Again, please accept my apologies. Please also remember when traveling, to check your doors.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our room was beautiful and huge! Most importantly, though, it was very clean, quiet and comfortable. So nicely decorated and I appreciated the super accurate climate control. Bed was so comfortable, plenty of towels, etc. A + !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H

Linda;
I am so glad you had a great visit and that your room was every thing right. We appreciate your business and hope that you get to return to Lawton. Thank you for your kind words. Have the best day.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for one night while in town for business. I checked in at 11pm, and the night clerk did not know how to use the computer to check me in. This resulted in me standing there for 30 minutes, asking for her to let me go to my room (which was prepaid, by the way) so she could deal with it during the night. Meanwhile, there were people waiting to check in.
The room was average at best, and the breakfast was fine but nothing special. The location is not easy to get to, and is in an area where I would definitely not feel safe alone at night outside.
I would not stay here again, as there are many other options in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank fwbusiness1
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Good Morning;
Thank you for your review and your business. Let me apologize for the extra check-in time, the clerk that night is fairly new and still getting her sea legs. Sometimes it takes people a bit longer to make sure all is correct. She is doing fine. Our rooms are very nice and clean, we received a 98.9 on our last inspection, we also have one of the largest hot breakfast buffets. The area the hotel is in is actually one of the safest in Lawton, and has 6 of the 7 newest hotels. You may not be familiar with the city but we are very safe and take guest security very seriously. We would welcome your return visit, and again we thank you for your business.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed one night for a quick get-a-way. Front desk check in was fast and friendly. Complimentary water and popcorn for being Choice members. Room was very nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and lots of pillows was a plus. Walls are VERY thin. We heard the neighbors on both sides, and above us all night long. We tried to drown out the sound with the air conditioner on just so we could get some rest and ended up freezing but at least we got a couple hours of sleep. Breakfast was good and hot and pretty well stocked except for the waffle batter but as we were leaving it was being refilled. I am sure if it was a big deal to us we could have asked and they would have refilled it right away. Workout room was not impressive (3 machines) and the indoor pool is not heated so we did not get to use. Overall a beautiful hotel just didn't get the restful night away from home that we were hoping for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melisa B
Michael C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Good Morning;
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the noise. I wondered if you were able to notify the front desk, we are usually very quick to respond and ask the adjoining rooms to quiet down. Our fitness center is just a small work out room, but we do have several larger fitness centers near the hotel where we often have guests go that have a large regiment of things they want to do. Breakfast can get busy in the morning, but that is no reason the waffle batter should have been empty at all, we will chat with the breakfast crew. Lastly, although the pool is heated, but not to the extreme it is cold to some people, we apologize again if it was not warm enough for you. We hope you will come back to our Sleep Inn & Suites and let us try again to impress you. Have a great day and again, thanks for your comments.
Michael A,.Conley

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Where can I start, I went to Lawton for some retail therapy and some gaming. I made my reservation for the night at Sleep Inn. I had a good time in the city. I went back to my beautiful room for the night. The shower was great and the bed and pillow were very comfortable.
Then OH MY GOODNES I woke up to 6 to 8 inches of snow. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, what a variety of items to eat, waffles, eggs bacon, fruit, drinks etc and all of the item I ate were fresh and delicious. I then packed my car and I was on my way. I did not make it very far in fact I didn't make it out of the parking lot. I could not see well and I made a wrong turn it
the drive way and found myself stuck over some berms and I could not get myself out. Nothing I
tried would get me out of the mess and I was getting a little unsettled to say the least. Finally I called the desk of the Sleep Inn and asked if someone could come out and help me. Out came the first angel TYRA, she calmed me down and did a lot of things to try and get me out. She then got three more people from the Sleep Inn and they came and pushed me out.
I was on may way, I went to the Mall and found it closed. I made a wrong turn out of the Mall and got lost, to make matters worst I had to make numerous stops at restrooms for a personal matter. This was difficult as most of the business were closed because of the snow. I spent more than 3 hrs driving around basically lost.. I was getting more and more upset.
I decided to go back to the Sleep Inn and met my second angel RAVEN she saw the condition I was in and made it her mission to get me and my luggage into the Sleep Inn. I forgot to mention that I have to use a walker to get around. She let me use her as my walker and cleared the path in front of me. She did make my getting into my room faster and safer.
I went into my room and was welcomed by the beautiful spacious room and bed. I got comfortable for the night. My room was very clean and comfortable. In a really stressful day the Sleep Inn in Lawton OK was my oasis. Thank you much angel's Tyra and Raven. I love you both and the Sleep Inn

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Good Morning;
It was great to har your comments. I am so sorry forthe wather, however I'm and very proud my staff was able to pull you out and get you on your way. Sometime it is just better to stay put for the day. The ice is very difficult to move through. I will thank both Tara and Raven for looking after you. We hope you will make it back again sometime, maybe in the summer when little chance of snow. Have a great day.
Michael Conley