“Very nice for price!”
Review of Motel 6 Lawton

Motel 6 Lawton
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Went to see my nephew graduation at Fort Sill with my sister in law. We stayed three nights here and enjoyed our stay. Everyone was very nice here and we felt safe. No cigarette smoke in our room,....and I would have noticed Because I dont smoke! I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lawton

Reviewed 4 September 2012

i stayed here for 5 days. i found roaches in my room on day 2and informed the front desk. they said they would come and spray they never did and on the last night there i was still killing roaches. the floor was dirty when i got there, found a dead cricket just under the bed and when the toilet plugged up the guy behind the desk handed me a plunger. will NEVER stay here again!
most of the employees were very nice, but over all my stay here was a very bad experiance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sonya S
Reviewed 16 August 2012

i usually stay here but a roach greeted me at the door,, and all night long my room,,, the beat me to the toilet....,,what did they clean with mold spray,,,i understand this motel cant keep help or maids but come on ppl.... i stay on reg bases and first time i incountered roaches the frig didnt work the sheets and blankets reeked as they never wash them but once a month and if yr gona smoke ask for a smoking room.... the maid wo cleaned my rom left more dirty water on the floor and didnt boter drying it ,,, best maid irene ask for her best front desk melony and crystal......i agree ice mach never works it t iik 2 yrs for the owner to finally fix the over flow lot....its asame the owner being a lady who dont take pride in her motel........clean it up......please noise level that is to be expected mon-fri its in a business distict..

Room Tip: ask to see it first if its not clean dont buy it ......if they dont let u find another...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I stayed a night here while moving to Fort Sill. The clerk was friendly and polite when we checked in and offered us towels for the pool. In the parking which is located around all the rooms there were signs mounted to the second floor walkway of the motel reminding people to remove all valuables and lock their doors (which gives a slight indication of Lawton's above average crime rate.) Since Motel 6 is a budget motel, the amenities are rather sparse. We had a King size non-smoking room which had the bed, dresser/tv stand, a table with a chair, and night stands. The tv is fairly small with basic channels. The bed was somewhat hard, although not completely uncomfortable. The shower could have used remodeling and the door to the room had a space large enough for a couple of beetles to visit my wife while I was at Fort Sill trying to inprocess housing so she could sign a lease on an apartment. It costs $3.26 for WIFI and we paid $60 for the room itself (tax included.) Other notable points about the motel is that it has laminate wood floors instead of the usual grungy carpet and that they simply converted it from a smoking room to non-smoking room by using air freshener and flipping over the ashtray so that it displayed a non-smoking sticker. Overall, you can do a lot worse for a place to stay in Lawton for a night. I would avoid anything on Cache road, although this Motel 6, the Sleep Inn by it, or any of the hotels off of West Gore Blvd. would be good bets for staying in Lawton. Motel 6 is one of your better bets for a budget motel in Lawton.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank georgeandrachel_12
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for 1 week while workIng out of town. The beds are rock hard got no sleep on them. Received cleaning service for only two days. Ice machines are broke. Located in a bad neighborhood. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There a no amenities in the rooms or on site. Stay as far away as you can.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Spikingviking68
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed in Lawton for 2 nights at this Motel 6. Very clean rooms.Quiet even though it is close to a main road.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We booked the room for my daughters graduation at Fort Sill,
The smell of cigarettes in our non-smoking room about knocked us down when we opened the door. Their cure for this is to give us a bottle of cleaning spray for us to use.
The air conditioner went out the first night and we had to change rooms. I know that things like that happen but, it is so common there that the management reserves some of their own rooms so that they are able to move people around like that. We were not the only ones having to change.
The maid service consisted of removing our towels without leaving replacements. No cleaning, trash emptying or even making the bed was done. We were given towels at the front desk and the clerk was relieved that this was our only problem as she was moving another guest to a second room.
Unless this is all you can reasonably afford, spend a little more and go somewhere else.

We are so proud of our daughter graduating Army basic training at Fort Sill.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family