“New, clean, and great!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was a pleasure to stay here at this Hilton Garden Inn location. Aside from a reservation mix up when checking in, the associate resolved the issue to my satisfaction. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The fitness center was also a great way to release stress.

The property sits in front of a small mall and I was able to walk to acquire food and items for my trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Willstravels_1

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your visit. It is great to know you had a great stay and we look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Everything was perfect. At the reception desk, Dusty Tracy's performance was a perfect representation of how a Hilton employee should greet a guest. Everyone at reception greeted me and showed a personal interest in my having a good Hilton experience. The suite was perfect in every way. A pleasant surprise - I left a tip for the maid, and received a hand-written thank-you note in reply from Sasha.

Room Tip: Sticking with the Hilton Honors program will help you get room upgrades.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank djfluth

djfluth

Thak you for your recent stay at our property and thank you for such great comments. It is staff like Sasha and Dusty that allow us to "exceed your expectations". We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had my wedding at this hotel. The staff was very helpful before, during, and after the event. The ballroom is very nice and I love the large chandeliers. The catering for the reception was AMAZING! Very tasty (and the catering chef was really nice). It was a little pricey, but then again what catering isn't? As for the room, we had a suite and it ended up being the wheelchair accessible room which was fine. The bathtub was great!! Loved the jets in there and that it was deep. King size bed was super comfy and very large pillows were nice. The room was clean which is a big plus for me because I'm a little germaphobic sometimes. I didn't feel gross walking around with no shoes on in the room (though the bathroom floor was freezing!). Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay. Friendly front desk and restaurant staff. As for the wedding, it is an excellent venue. I was very happy about how the event turned out. I would definitely recommend the hotel for having an event as well as for staying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erika L

Thank you for your comments about your stay and your wedding!! It is an honor to be the venue of the most important day of your life and we are so happy that we could help amke your wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Rooms are attractive, large, well finished and well furnished with good beds and bedding. But some issues distract. Our room had a very unpleasant chemical smell. The strange desk lamp has vents that glare into your eyes. The TV is small but probably adequate. The a/c in our room worked strangely - it would only turn on when the thermostat was manually turned down. And the room temperature indicator displays lower than actual. The hallway was cooler than our room would get without repeated manual action. Service at the front desk was minimal and unhelpful. The hotel clearly was half empty but the clerk kept insisting that the hotel was fully booked. Breakfast (extra charge) was below average for a Garden Inn. My omelet was burned and drenched in grease.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back - there is a lot of traffic in front although traffic gets lighter at nig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Soonerair

Thank you for your response and comments about your recent stay with us. Please know that we have reviewed and fixed all of the issues you mentioned the most unique being the chemical smell. Comments like this are what enable us to make the property better for future guests and your future visit. I hopw you come stay with us soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel appears to be fairly new - fresh interior and rooms. Front desk folks very helpful not only with hotel specific things but also area - for example, superb recommendation for a place to eat (and celebrate on Graduation Day). Rooms very clean and housekeeping folks prompt and pleasant. Lobby bright, airy and welcoming. WIFI speed and reliability was fine. Typical business center setup with printer etc.
Some shops right behind the hotel (even a dollar store for a quick pickup of those forgotten little things). Small mall within a few blocks.
Location was perfect for us - very easy to reach the gates at Ft Sill.
Tried breakfast on two mornings - buffet style 9.95 with hot items cooked to order - Thursday morning was great, service good, food good, nice selection fresh fruit (loved the fresh strawberries and that they seemed attentive to keeping the food restocked and the area tidy), etc. But on Saturday morning they seemed to struggle a bit - got my bill delivered to the table before I got the eggs I ordered or the drink I'd requested. And never saw the servers again - had to go seek them out for a refill. (And the over easy eggs were rock solid. - delivered hot but rock solid) Maybe it was just a tough morning for them.
Would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Chimneysweep19

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear what a great stay you had with us and lets us know we are accomplishing the goal of taking care of the guest. Please know that we have addressed your service issues and this allows us to be a better host for your next visit. We hope you come visit soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our Family visited Lawton for our son's basic training graduation, we stayed July 16 - July 22, Everyone was very nice from our check in to check out. We had breakfast everyday at the hotel VERY good, we also had lunch and dinner very good also. The rooms our very clean. The pool area and hot tub very clean. Our son came back with us for the weekend to swim in the pool with his friend. Everyone very respectful and nice. Special thanks to Tim our waiter/bartender. Food here very good. I would recommend this Hotel while visiting the Lawton Ok area and would stay here again if I was visiting. Best Hotel in Lawton, expecially if you are visiting for graduations from basic training. I give it a 5 star

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank gmwhite40

GMwhite40

Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was great and we afforded you family time with your graduating soldier. In the Lawton-Fort Sill are it is great to be a part of the US Army and it's activities. We now actually have the graduations in our convention center next door which makes it more convenient. We look forward to you possibly returing to our property in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

On a recent business trip to Fort Sill, Oklahoma i had both a bad experience as well as a very good experience. The bad was the trip from Philadelphia, home for me, to Lawton. Due to summer storms, my flight got canceled from DFW to LAW. I ended up driving from Dallas to Lawton. Unfortunately, i was unable to retrieve my bag in Dallas but was assured it would be on the next flight to Lawton and i should be able to pick it up upon my arrival in Lawton. Unfortunately that did not happen. My luggage spent an entire day sitting in Dallas.

Now for the good, the hotel staff at the HGI were so friendly and understanding and provided me with great directions to where i could get a change of clothes last minute. There was a brand new shopping center directly behind the hotel and i was able to get all the things for my business meetings.

The hotel staff were great, the hotel clean, the restaurant/bar was full of friendly travelers and was great fun. I don't know how a place could get any friendlier. Will definitely make this hotel my place to stay when staying in Lawton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank job28123

Job28123

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. It is when we get the great feedback on how our staff handled your adversities that it tells us that we are taking care of the guest. I am glad we could make your day a little brighter after difficult travel. We look forward to your return.