Some good, some bad.. Started with a cold evening when we arrived and got a room with a broken heater. Had to change rooms. Next day the room beside us also had a heater out and the noise from the removal and replacemwnt went on from 4-7pm. It was quite a racket. Rooms have no minifridge or microwave and are all 50-100yds from the parking area so carrying a cooler is a chore. Stayed Friday/Saturday nights. Saturday one of the ice machines died and it was difficult to find ice. Sunday morning at check out the computers died and it took 15 minutes to check out. There is a wonderful library you can wander through but you can't look at any of books (locked behind glass). They should simply close and lock the library door, it was just a tease. I doubt our experience is the norm but it sure put me off of ever going back.
The rooms are also showing their age. Popcorn ceilings, thread bare rugs, toilet didn't flush right and the shower head was much more like a garden hose than shower. I'm 6' tall and the shower heads are about 5' from the floor (I just don't get that).
The lake itself is dying up. The water is now 1/4 a mile from the lodge and must be down 50ft or so. The drought has also caused a massive fish kill at the lake and it will be years before it recovers if it ever does. I feel sorry for the birds that come next year looking for fish to eat. I doubt there will be any left as there were literally tons of dead fish littering the shore.
Restaurant is a review of it's own.
The good of it.. Shower stayed hot and the rooms were really clean and neat. The cleaning lady was very helpful at getting me an extra pack of decafe coffee. The hiking trails around the lodge are scenic and there is something for almost everyone except the most hard core of hikers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quartz Mountain Resort, Arts and Conference Center is located on Lake Altus in the Wichita Mountains of Southwestern Oklahoma. The beauty of the Resort and landscape that surrounds it needs to be seen to be believed. Quartz Mountain Resort was re-built in 2001 and and its decor has a distinct "lodge" feeling. The property features 118 beautifully appointed guestrooms with lake or mountain views and 12 cabins. The Resort is ideal for meetings, retreats and conferences. Choose from the 5,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, one of five 2,000 square foot pavillions with lake views or the 697 seat, acoustically perfect Twin Peaks Performance Hall. Quartz Mountain Resort is home to one of the most famed dining experiences in Southwest Oklahoma, The Sundance Cafe. With breathtaking mountain and lake views, the Sundance Cafe features a menu that is distinctly Southwestern with a Continental flair. For recreation, the property has an 18-hole golf cource, in-door pool and hot tub and an on-site activities director. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts Hotel Lone Wolf
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts And Conference Center
- Quartz Mountain Lodge
- Quartz Mountain Hotel Arts