“Weekend Get-a-way ”

Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lone Wolf
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We made our reservation for Sunday night on a Friday night. Very spur of the moment. On Saturday we called to confirm our reservation with the resort and Groupon had not sent the "request" to the resort yet....and Groupons customer service was down so we couldn't resolve the matter with Groupon. The resort honored our reservation anyway. Check- in was quick and painless even with the groupon issue. It's is very quiet and peaceful here. A very nice weekend get-a-way away from the noise.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is our second stay at the resort, the last time being a year ago. Even thought the lake is down about 30 ft, the area is still scenic. We saw quite a few deer running around and very few people. The resort had deteriorated alot since last year. There were spider webs with bugs on everything outdoors. You could not use the balcony for this reason. You counldn't use the hand rail for the stairs or your hand would be full of bugs. The rooms were rough, with ripped, dirty carpeting and there was mold in the shower. Also urine stain down side of bed dust ruffle. Most dissapointing was the restaurant. Last year was excellent, this year terrible. Dinner was a seafood buffet, fish was overcooked, and sides limited. For breakfast they only offered the buffet, no ordering from menu. I didn't eat as I only wanted something light, but brother said it was terrible. Don't even consider trying to use the outside dinning area. It is covered in webs and bugs! Also the grounds look green, but it is all weeds, the kind with the stickers that stick to your shoes or pets. We saw many staff members driving around in golf carts,although they never stopped to assist guests. This place needs at least one FULL TIME groundkeeper. If nothing is done, I am sad to say that this resort will close down, no one will ever come back. I know we won't.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tracemyirishroots
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed there one day. I do love the location as it is very scenic but this place is very poorly managed. If I was the owner of this place I would fire the front desk and the manager. We bought a deal on Groupon for a lake side king bed, when I arrived there I was told by Gary the front desk personal that they did not have the room I requested and somehow Groupon did not notify them about the booking. By the way I called couple of days back to confirm my booking again. I have a 7 month old baby and felt so inconvenienced when they gave us a regular queen bed room no view. Also the rooms were dated and there were two wasps alive that I killed myself in the room. I told the staff but they just shrugged it off. Imagine having a baby and dealing with a wasp. I felt I was totally ripped off for what I paid for. I would not ever go to that place again. it is a beautiful place but poorly managed. I would give this place a failure.

Room Tip: Please call in advance to confirm the reservation and write down the name of the person. you will be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank B S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This resort is amazing. It is surrounded by mountains on three sides and a lake on the other. It has many hiking trails. The restaurant was fabulous and reasonably priced. It is a perfect spot. One way in and out. The only sound you ever hear is the wind. We picked an "off - week" just to get away from the city and life for a few days. The staff is wonderful. They have so much to offer for weddings, family reunions, and just a get away. We will be going back again for sure.

Room Tip: We chose a mountain view just so we could see the sun rising and setting over the mountains. A lake...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miceprincess
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The location is awesome! The room was not clean and the shower has no water pressure. Restaurant was too expensive and service was slow. However, all the staff members were nice and friendly. We booked a lake side view but there was a building in front of us. Staff said lake side view is not same as lake view...a bit deceiving in my opinion. If the hotel clean the room better and food service improve, this would be an awesome hotel all around.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank MansfieldTravelerTX
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Beds are not the greatest and rooms are small. Drive into Blair or Altus for food. Food was cold in meeting rooms and on buffet, some ordered off the menu and it took forever. Could be a really nice place, needs help right now though. Overall we had a great retreat there and weather was better than normal. Lots of room to hike and explore and recover. Late night hot tub visits are always a highlight as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank 122MelH
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nice facility overall, though the pool could use a cleaning. Recommend avoiding the lodge restaurant: poor service and mediocre food. Fun to hike trails and visit area small towns. Lake at only 11% capacity due to drought.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center? Share your experiences!