Very run down and poorly managed. After looking at the pictures on the website I decided to see about booking my daughters upcoming wedding here. The girl in charge of weddings and events told me that there was another function the week before, ending on the morning of the wedding, but that she didn’t think there would be a conflict since we only needed the ballroom and the amphitheater. I asked her if she could let me know as soon as possible one way or the other as the wedding was 3 months away. After trying to reach her numerous times in the next three weeks I decided to drive up there and see if this place was worth the trouble. I am so glad I made the trip, I was shocked how run down this place is. I spoke briefly with the people at the front desk who told me where to find the amphitheater and pavilions, which I found to be in complete disrepair. On my way to the car I finally got a call from the event coordinator who was furious that I had been up there asking around. She told me that we had spoken every day (only twice in three weeks) and that I was being very impatient. After seeing the place and speaking with the person in charge of weddings, I’m happy to say that we won’t be having it at Quartz Mountain Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quartz Mountain Resort, Arts and Conference Center is located on Lake Altus in the Wichita Mountains of Southwestern Oklahoma. The beauty of the Resort and landscape that surrounds it needs to be seen to be believed. Quartz Mountain Resort was re-built in 2001 and and its decor has a distinct "lodge" feeling. The property features 118 beautifully appointed guestrooms with lake or mountain views and 12 cabins. The Resort is ideal for meetings, retreats and conferences. Choose from the 5,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, one of five 2,000 square foot pavillions with lake views or the 697 seat, acoustically perfect Twin Peaks Performance Hall. Quartz Mountain Resort is home to one of the most famed dining experiences in Southwest Oklahoma, The Sundance Cafe. With breathtaking mountain and lake views, the Sundance Cafe features a menu that is distinctly Southwestern with a Continental flair. For recreation, the property has an 18-hole golf cource, in-door pool and hot tub and an on-site activities director. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts Hotel Lone Wolf
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts And Conference Center
- Quartz Mountain Lodge
- Quartz Mountain Hotel Arts