“Clean & Comfortable”

American Inn Madill
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Madill
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is a newer hotel that is well-maintained, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. One morning there were good breakfast sandwiches that were brought in, and coffee and juice were offered. The other mornings a hot waffle and cold cereal was available. This hotel is pet friendly and non-smoking. Housekeeping starts before 9am, which can be a problem if you wanted to sleep in. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: NO ELEVATOR. Stairs only. One side of the hotel faces a quiet residential street, and the other fa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SkippyJon

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Building and facilities were up to date and in excellent shape. The staff was polite and most helpful. When events caused me to have to change my original reservation the hotel contacted me. They realized that I had been mistakenly double booked and informed me of the error. They solved the problem on their end, I still had to correct it with the agent. Very happy I was informed about it before I had even left. This was a just road trip but still nice to have a clean, modern place to stay the night. It was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Da B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Positive: The hotel and the room was very clean. Extras in the room: iron, ironing board, microwave, icebox, hair dryer, and coffee pot. Room was nicely decorated. Had a table/desk and computer desk chair in the room to set my laptop up on. Free wifi. Had a chair with foot stool to relax in. Staff was very nice and helpful with any problem. We didn't eat the free breakfast but what I seen it was only a waffle maker, doughnuts, coffee, and scones. The pool was a great relaxing spot after a busy day of running around. Check in and check out was simple and easy, we did book in advance on booking.com. Great location for our reason for our trip.

Negative: The walls are thin. I had to sleep with the tv on to drown out the snoring from the people in the next room (but I should probably add I have trouble sleeping at night anyways) but I did hear them talking in the morning. The toilet paper holder was a pain in the butt, the toilet paper kept sliding off.

I will stay here again in the future. Not going to let a few small things ruin my trip(s).

Room Tip: I really don't think you can choose a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaylean E
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very clean, modern facility. Booked on the American Inn website for 2 nights, had to cancel 2nd night due to a personal emergency. They refunded the one night when likely they maybe would not have had to do that (had it been with something like Expedia, of course they could not have refunded). Very courteous and helpful. Good value for the money. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank barb652
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The price on line was stated as $53.00........we booked. The price..with senior discount and tax was $70.20.
It was a nice place....just be truthful about the price. Price changing leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth,,,even if it is worth the money.
American Inn...is not American owned.
Also--the walls are thin,,,had to sleep with the T>V> on to cover the person in next room snoring.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

This motel was in a great location, had good price and was very clean & nicely decorated!
The service was awesome! They cleaned room nicely between nights, and even jump started our car when it wouldn't start the next morning-TWICE!!
We would definitely stay again if the need arose!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank minichaz26
Reviewed 11 June 2012

First I arrive to find that even though I had made a reservation a month and a half prior, they said that the people in the room I reserved decided they wanted to stay so instead of telling them it was already reserved and moving them to a different room they decided to make my family stay in a one bed room. And to top it off a man that was in the room they gave us hadn't checked out and still had a key to our room and they couldn't get in touch. There was also wet paint on the wall that got on my overnight bag. They had a back door that connected to the managers room so we could hear their baby cry all night. It isn't a very clean place either. I do not recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madill
Best Western Plus Sand Bass Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Tishomingo
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#1 of 2 in Madill

Been to American Inn Madill? Share your experiences!