“Owners have updated”

Budget Inn
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Owners have updated”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I read reviews for this place but found it to be an ok place. I stayed there since I was working in town. They have updated the rooms and built a new addition of about 20 rooms. It was a basic no frills motel. The staff all seem mute but the desk clerk was decent. They have put a fridge and microwave in the rooms. The older section still shows age but with updates. Was ok for a guy working on the railroad.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer room if booking.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mead,OK
Reviewed 28 October 2010

In stayed 16 nights for my job. They charged my company over $1200. The toilet overflowed. the room smelled moldy. There was no place to plug in chargers for my phone and computer. there was no coffee maker. The wireless internet only worked twice in 16 days.
But the worst thing is,that when I left behind my beloved antique Mandolin, he told me " I no need. I throw away"
When I asked Neil why he didn't call me and he claimed he did not have my phone number. That is a lie, he had both phone and fax numbers for my company.
The manager is a lier and a thief.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank PA_CMead_OK
Dallas
Reviewed 23 July 2009

This is the worst motel ever, it literally is about 70 years old, the guy at the front desk barely speaks english and was told when asked about breakfast, "go next door to the dairy queen". Obviously there was something fishy about the guy when he started moving things out of a customers room into the storage room and then that room was self-cleaned and rented again. Highly terrible place...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madill
American Inn Madill
American Inn Madill
#2 of 2 in Madill
Best Western Plus Sand Bass Inn & Suites
Choctaw Casino Resort
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Tishomingo

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!