“Good steak, average otherwise”
Review of Gia Comos

Gia Comos
Ranked #59 of 79 Restaurants in McAlester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have visited this place numerous times and found the Steak to be flavorful, the spaghetti is ok and the ravioli's a bit too mushy. Salad was decent but the bread was not fresh and therefore hard to eat and more like jerky ( bite it and pull ) this place is a little pricey 25.00 dollar steaks.
Over all this restaurant fluctuates in quality from good to average.
Served family style - order a steak or other entrée and your table receives a plate of spaghetti - salad - bread - ravioli's and meat balls. Go on a good day and you will enjoy!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stopped in here since it was close to my hotel. The place looked run down and like it hadn't updated since the 1970s. But my wife and I still decided to try it. Well, I really wish we would have eaten at the Exxon next door because their food would have been a couple steps above GiaComos. First off, their salad, like many other reviewers have claimed, taste as if it comes straight from a bag and it is drowning in dressing. The bread was bland a bit stale. Their spaghetti, like my title implies, had a sauce strikingly familiar to the Spaghetti-Os I used to eat as a kid. So I suppose if you like Spaghetti-Os then this would have been delicious but I stopped liking them when I hit puberty. Their Italian sausage was essentially a meatball, in the shape of a sausage. The only tolerable dish available was the ravioli and it was sub-par to Chef Boy-Ar-Dee. I would not recommend this place even to my worst enemies.

3  Thank fornit
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My family visited this place after a long day and drive to McAlester. We had heard rave reviews from several friends and decided it would be worth trying. Boy were we wrong! This place is so over-rated! The salad was wilted, swimming in oil w/o flavor. The bread was burnt and bland. My wife and kids had the ridiculosly over priced Italian dinner @ $15 for my wife and $7 for each kid. That bought us one plate of spaghetti, four raviloi, and six meat balls for four people to share??!! I had the chicken parm. Mine was ok, but wasn't worth $17. The kicker was, my kid got a meat ball that was still FROZEN!! WTH?! The wait staff didnt bother to stop vacuming the empty dining room we were still in and the old lady at the register could not have cared less when I complained. Paid our bill and we will never be back. Don't waste your time or money. There are much better choices in McAlester and Krebs. (Napoli's and Rose Ann's come to mind)

2  Thank AaronChavez
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Went there for lunch with some business colleagues. First, the cheapest thing on the menu for lunch was $15....how can a place stay open with those prices? Especially in a town where the average income is $24k/year. And it was packed!

Every meal comes with a ton of bad food served family style. They started us with a relish plate, which consisted of 5 small pieces of muenster cheese (in an Italian restaurant???) and 4 salad peppers. Salad was straight from a bag and was covered in bland oil. Bread was dry and tasteless. Every entree comes with spaghetti, meatballs and ravioli. Chef Boyardee is way better and I've had better meatballs from Subway. I ordered the veal parmigiana for my entree...shoe leather with canned spaghetti sauce and cheap parmesean cheese on top. And when I paid the outrageous bill, the old lady at the counter didn't even have the decency to get off the phone and thank me for coming in. By far the worst restaurant I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot.

2  Thank RedFoodie
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The food was decent, but I wouldn't class it at the same level their prices are at. Holy crap! Go with a big pocket of money and expect to sit awhile awaiting your food.