“Interesting place, good comfort food.”
Review of Old Plantation

Old Plantation
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Historic restaurant in Medicine Park. Loved the "comfort food" items on the menu, country fried steak, pork chops mashed potatoes and gravy.

Nice selection of beers.

Only complaint was that food was a little cold, although we showed up just before closing.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed in Medicine Park in October and had a lovely time in the quaint little town. We ate dinner here one night and the next morning had breakfast there. Dinner was AMAZING! Great service, worth every penny. The food was delicious! We had the salmon on a plank. Oh. My. Goodness. Best salmon either of us has ever eaten. If I were just rating on dinner it would be 5 stars for sure! HOWEVER, then we had our breakfast. The food was good-definitely average, but obviously dinner was their specialty! We had omelettes and they were rather basic. That was not the extent of our disappointment, though. Our server was oblivious to our needs-probably because she was on her cell phone almost the entire time we were there. We did not get a refill and she never once asked about our meal. Not to mention, we waited forever for her to bring drinks and a menu. Finally, when we were ready to leave we had to go to the register and ask the girl at the register to let our waitress know we needed a check. She goes to tell her and still it took the girl the better part of 5 minutes to bring the check-with us standing at the register!!! Even the girl behind the register appeared to be rather in awe by this-all while remaining professional. So, the waitress brings us the check while STILL talking on her cell phone, says some nicety to us, and then as we pay she continues talking on her cell phone about how "it's just not right for people to think that we can't be just friends and not be involved." At this point, I became livid, having held out hope that she was maybe doing business on the phone. Obviously, we left no tip, but I have to say that if this is the service others get, they won't return. The only reason we will consider returning is because we had already had a positive dinner experience. But one time diners will make their first impression off this behavior. My husband and I considered contacting the manager upon our return home, but decided we didn't want to waste any negative energy on what was overall a positive weekend in the Medicine Park area. So, if I gave a rating for breakfast only, it would be a 1, which is how I came to the average of a 3 on the rating. 5 for dinner, 1 for breakfast (primarily service) averaged out equals 3.

1  Thank susan l l
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My husband and I have eaten at the Old Plantation twice. Both times we enjoyed the food and the experience, but there are a few things that need work to make the experience even better.

The first time we went I had steak (which was great) except for the fact it was extremely salty. I don't know if someone salted it twice and didn't realize it, but that detracted from what could have been one of the best steaks I've had. The other thing I didn't like was the fact that the Mojito I ordered was so full of rum that I could barely drink it. Some people may like that, but I'd like to actually be able to drink what I ordered.

The second time we went the service was a bit lacking, but my chicken fried steak was delicious.

The ambiance of this place is great. Very picturesque on the outside and you can't beat the views of Medicine Park.

I'd definitely go back to the Old Plantation, I just would like to be assured that if I order a steak it won't be overly salty.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

A nice family restaurant show casing the old hotel. We were there on a slow night and it was nice and quiet, good for a long visit with old friends. The meals we ordered were good average food.
What was notable was the absolutely worst service we have ever had. Our young, pleasant waitress apparently had no training or any idea of how to do her job. One meal was ordered with an extra side of vegetables, it was never brought. Coffee was ordered at the time the menus were brought to the table, finally showed up half way through the meal after several reminders. A beer that was ordered when the coffee was, finally showed up after we were through eating, and only then after an angry reminder.
In my opinion, the rest of the staff was probably doing a decent job, but our waitress was totally useless.
It will be a long time before they see my money again.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

The Old Plantation in Medicine Park, Oklahoma is a delightfully wonderful restaurant. Nestled in the Wichita Mountains just 5 miles North of Lawton and Ft. Sill, this restaurant used to be an old hotel and hideout for various criminals of the past 150 years. It has recently be remodeled and the food here is delicious. The best steak in town, beautiful scenerey, and stories abound. Enjoy

Been to Old Plantation? Share your experiences!