“Not what I Expected”

Old Plantation
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middleburg, Florida
“Not what I Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was another place everyone said to try. Not impressed. Restaurant basically is folding tables and chairs, not nicely decorated. You have to wait over an hour to eat and then go in to find the place half empty. Food was just okay. Could get the smae food at a drive through. Expensive and not worth it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank susans1007

New York City, New York
“Not recommended for large groups”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Bad Service, got Beer after 20 minutes, food was not really hot, served after 1 hrs and 15 minutes. Reorder of beer took more than 18 minutes..... For large groups not recommended. If you are only 2-3 then it is ok.

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Good lunch, close to Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had lunch at the Old Plantation while visiting Wichita Mountain. It was a short drive to Medicine Park & they had a few options for lunch.
I had the chicken strip dinner & my husband had the bbq pork sandwich, both were pretty good.
After lunch we walked around to a few of the shops in the small 'downtown' & then easily headed back to the park.
If you're in the area this was a good, reasonable place for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BrussoDallas
“Awesome chicken fried steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We were in the area and hungry so we decided to try this place. It didn't disappoint the chicken fried steak was huge! It was also one of the best I've had. Service was ok but the food was great. If I'm ever there again I will go out of my way to eat at this place!

1 Thank Jordonch
Hurst, Texas, United States
“Great place to eat in Medicine Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate dinner saturday night here. I had the 10 oz ribeye. The steak was awesome, it was seasoned very well. The salad was very good as well as my baked potato. My wife first ordered the pork chops and they where tough so she sent them back and ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich. She said it was very good. This will not be our last visit here.

• Visited November 2013