“What a great time”

Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel having gone there to see John Rich. The performance was great and the venue impressive. The acts Buffalo Run books is quite impressive. Next week Miranda Lambert is going to perform. We ate at the Coleman House which was excellent and at great prices. The rooms are quite comfortable and very clean. I really enjoyed the slots since I won two jackpots. I have heard that the operation is essentially debt free and because of that keep the slots loose. I saw several winners while there. All of the staff is helpful and pleasant. They also offered $1 beers while we we there. We are going back.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Very close to the casino but not attached. Decent morning breakfast. Decent room, Clean when you arrive even though no one made our beds. The in room safe is small. Located in a very small and nice town. Spacious room. Had a microwave and refrigerator and fold out couch with our king size bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

It was nice that the hotel was right by the casino. I didn't win big but I had a great time. In the back of the casino there is a concert area called "The trailer park" it was funny! There was a band playing. Framing the red was the band. They were awesome! I enjoyed the show. It was free. The hotel was nice, beds were really comfy. I was there on a business trip. It is easy to miss the turn off to get to the hotel so be careful if you use iphone gps.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I'm giving this property a "very good" rating because of the convenience, comfort and hospitality. Sign up for a player's card and play a little and Buffalo Run Casino will send you room comps/discounts, free table and slot play and a discount to The Coleman House restaurant located within the casino.

About the hotel:
I have stayed at this property numerous times and most recently last Friday. I would recommend making your reservation via phone rather than online. The reservation clerk was telling me about a time when she was booking via phone and another customer was booking online when there was only one room left. The clerk was able to instantly book the phone reservation into their system. But, the online reservation was also confirmed but not into the hotel system. So, the phone customer got the last room. Not sure how they took care of the online customer once they arrived. The reservation clerk was VERY nice and accommodating. We were greeted with a smile and warm welcome (each time I've stayed here). The small lobby has a log cabin feel with a nice fireplace and comfortable leather chairs. Check in was simple and we got the room we reserved. They have both smoking and non-smoking rooms. No smoking in the lobby and dining areas. I was a little worried that we might not get a non-smoking room when we arrived because we checked in so late and the hotel was sold out but no worries. The room is certainly not five star but it's clean, stocked, had good water pressure, a fridge, a microwave, coffee maker and a flat screen TV. Our bed was comfortable. You'll get 2 bars of soap, a make-up remover disposable cloth and a teeny tiny bottle of shampoo/conditioner combo. The entry doors to the rooms slam loudly so be kind to your neighbors and guide the door shut. Didn't use the pool area so can't comment on that. I will continue to stay at Buffalo Run Hotel when I'm in the neighborhood, especially when I have comps or discounts.

About the casino:
A two minute outdoor walk from the hotel. They also have a shuttle bus that runs back and forth. Lots of slots and many table games (in comparison to most other casinos in the immediate area). There are two bars. A domestic beer will run you less than $3. Free live entertainment at the back bar area. They also have big name entertainment for a fee on certain nights. Hubby and I saw a concert here one night. The way they had the venue set up was odd. We couldn't see a thing so we left the concert before it was halfway over. Don't think we'll go back to another concert there unless they change the seating set up. I've heard that The Coleman House restaurant is very good but I have never had a good experience in this restaurant. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt four times! I would rather go to the snack bar in the back than deal with the terrible service I've always experienced in the restaurant. Service everywhere else here has always been good to great. You can use the points earned on your player's card towards the bar, restaurants and gift shop items. My favorite place to play in Miami.

Room Tip: Call in your reservation vs booking online. Ask for room at the end of the hall, 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jands4ever
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The room was great, the beds were comfortable. My complaint is that the person that stayed upstairs from us, yelled and cussed, slammed doors and stomped his feet until 5am! When my husband went to the front desk and complained at around 3:30, they just said, "we will see what we can do." Which was nothing.
The breakfast was good, and the lady working there was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and the rooms are clean, although not fancy. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool and work out room. They serve breakfast (included in the rate) that consists of cereals, muffins, bagels, waffles, etc. Fairly standard stuff. The front desk personnel are very nice and when we asked for tips about the town they knew just where to send us. There were four of us staying and we got a connecting King suite and a double queen room. It was perfect for our girls weeknd. The King suite had a wet bar and separate sitting area. All rooms come with a mini-fridge and microwave. One note: All rooms are smoking so if that is an issue with you, then this may not be the place for you. Wifi is free!! I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area and the best part is one of the casinos is a 20 yard walk!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KDubBethelHeights_AR
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband won a free night at the Buffalo Run Hotel in there "Swipe and Win" promotion. Naturally we were excited, as we love to stay at hotels relatively close to our home, family and dog. It gives us a mini vacation feel, while being close enough to handle any given emergency. We stayed on a Friday night. My husband is a smoker so we chose a smoking room. In most hotels that still offer smoking rooms, the smell is faint but you can tell the room was cleaned. Not here. The smoke smell was overwhelming.

We opened the window (even thought it was below freezing) and I sprayed the room down with febreeze. This helped enough. We spent a couple hours at the casino and came back to the room to relax. This was impossible. The tv did not work at all. We could not even get it to turn on. We made sure it was plugged in and tried the buttons on the tv itself in case it was the remote. After fiddling with it for a few minutes I called the desk to let them know. The lady at the desk was quick to tell me that the tv did work and made it seem like I was inconveniencing her to even call. She rudely told me she would come up and show me how to turn it on. Terrible customer service! We waited on her to come fix the tv for over 2 hours. She never came. Finally I called back to the desk to tell her we were just going to bed and she said oh well she had forgotten about coming up anyway. I could not believe this lady!

The bed was old and uncomfotable so sleep was hard to find. We got up early hoping breakfast would be better. It wasnt. The very limited selection of items and over crowded breakfast area was as big a let down as the rest of the hotel. Even the breakfast staff were rude. Asking any staff member for anything was met with rudeness and a feeling like you were inconveniencing them.

We were done. We went back packed up and got the heck out of there. If I had paid for this room I would have demanded my money back. We still cant figure out why we stayed the whole night, I guess we thought things would get better. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I know its not as old as it smells and feels.

Room Tip: Dont get a smoking room. Just go outside if you smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Julie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami
#7 of 8 in Miami
Hampton Inn Miami
Hampton Inn Miami
#1 of 8 in Miami

Been to Buffalo Run Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!