“Convenient to I-40, Tinker Air Force Base, and a host of stores and restaurants” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Comfort and Convenience

The Best Western Plus Midwest City Inn & Suites is convenient to I-40, Tinker Air Force Base, and a host of stores and restaurants.

Room Comforts

We stayed here twice, going out west and again on our return. Our rooms were very comfortable, clean, and uncrowded. Best Western hotels, including this one, have comfortable beds…obviously the key issue in a hotel. “Plus” hotels like this one add to the bed comfort by being “three sheeted.”

I really appreciate the side tables on each side of the king bed. Happily there is an accessible wall power outlet on one side. That is adequate though I prefer the nice Best Western side table lamps that have a power outlet in their base similar to the desk lamps. For me easily accessible bed side power access is important because I can read from bed using my Android mobile phone in Kindle mode and set it on the side table before falling asleep (well…sometimes) and it’s still charged in the morning.

The rooms have a comfortable and adjustable office chair with a work desk that has plenty of work space. There is a welcome power outlet in the desk lamp plus a wall power outlet installed above the desk for easy access. There is an Ethernet wall jack (Ethernet cables are available at the front desk) along with broadband Wi-Fi.

Restroom: it is always a relief to discover that the room has more than the normal limited counter space. Happily also, at this hotel the counters are at a height for average humans (I have oft wondered why so many hotels have counter space designed for people who are 6’4″). Also, unlike some hotels, the restroom here does not have a sink counter that protrudes into your gut as you brush your teeth. I was also pleased to note that this hotel has very good water pressure.

I like the bowed-out shower curtain rod used in all Best Western hotels to provide more elbow room while showering. Some time back we bought the same model for our home. I also appreciated this hotel installing the TP dispenser where a human can reach it. I am ever surprised at the number of hotels that place these where one must perform a contortionist act to reach it. Not at this Best Western.

In addition to the usual room amenities like a coffee machine and iron, the rooms here have a microwave and refrigerator.

Hotel Comforts

Friendly staff
Nice indoor pool and fitness center (but, alas, no whirlpool)
Convenient business center with computers and printer
Clean and well maintained throughout
Free breakfast common to all Best Western hotels including my favorite, Belgian waffles

Street access to the hotel is a little odd. Look carefully for a street next to an Interstate entrance, cross the parking lot for another hotel and pull into parking for this hotel. Coming from I-40 West it is impossible during rush hour to make the right turn and cross lanes to pull into the access street for this hotel. It is safer to move on until you find a safe way to move to the left lane and then do a U-turn.

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Plus Midwest City Inn & Suites. The cost is reasonable, the location convenient, and the hotel offers a relaxing and restful stay. Just the way we like it.

For a complete report please visit frictionfactor.com/2226

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Robbinsville, North Carolina, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Staff was friendly & caring. Rooms were very clean even in the corners & edges of carpet. Great shower. Great breakfast 2 kinds of fruit, 2 kinds of eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles and of course cereal, bagels, sweet rolls, oatmeal, toast, yogurt, etc. I really could not think of anything else one would want. Computer hookups were easily accessed as were the receptacles. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Flat Rock, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Linda is amazing She helped from before we even got there by providing my assistant with the best customer service we have ever had and we stay at a lot of hotels. Once we arrived we still received the best customer service because of Linda we will stay at this hotel every year when we do this job. Linda is an asset to your company I hope you never lose. She is truly Passionate about providing excellent customer service. I would recommend that any one in this area that is in need of a hotel that takes care of their guests 200% this is the one just ask for Linda to do your reservations :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Large, clean, quiet and comfortable handicap-accessible room, nicely appointed. We booked a room with a roll-in shower, but ours had a tub/shower. Very difficult for my mobility challenged hubby to use, but the only HC room available when we checked in. Although he can walk, stepping over a tub-wall is tricky for him. The hotel seems newer. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast buffet featured a good selection of cold items along with eggs and other hot breakfast foods, which we enjoyed. The staff was very attentive and pleasant making both checking in and out go smoothly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrollton, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel was very clean, friendly staff, and guest room was clean and well stocked with towels, cups, and coffee. The location is excellent, close to I-40 and every store and restaurant you could want or need are only a few blocks away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Manteca, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked this room based on the reviews but I was a little disappointed in the room. The staff was Great. Linda was friendly over the top!!! Loved her. My room was a little dreary and there were places on the wall that they had taken lamps or something down and repaired the wall with putty, but they had not painted the wall. I just don't think that is standard for a Best Western Plus. Very disappointed in the room. The Refrigerator made noise all night. The Pool had a lot of spots that felt like rocks, but they were embedded into the pool bottom, they did hurt if you stepped on them. Breakfast was good and neat and clean. I probably would not stay here again. There are lots of choices in the area. We were just passing thru..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel conveniently located to Tinker AFB is unusually quiet considering it's location. The building premise is well kept and the employees are polite and helpful. This is conveniently located for dining out and access to I-40. Great value and complete breakfast well stocked.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#5 of 10 in Midwest City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!