“Required for business but wouldn't stay for my own benefit”

Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Olathe, Kansas, United States
“Required for business but wouldn't stay for my own benefit”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. Upon arrival to the room, we immediately had to have the linens changed due to stains which we in turn received stained sheets again. The bathroom needed help. i have had bigger bathrooms in Europe. We upgraded and got the breakfast added to our rate for another $20 per night but wasn't really impressed and didn't stay to hear about the gal "monitoring" the area whose yard got set on fire and she was tired. The front desk staff was helpful in finding places to go and transportation. I had to stay here for business but expected more out of a Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Channa C
Eric R, Director of Sales at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
To Our Guest from Kansas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. Without comments such as yours, we can not continue to be better. I have shared your comments with the proper departments for their immediate action. Please know that your experience does not reflect our service culture and standards. I do hope we have an opportunity to change your opinion of us.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Micha P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Was upgraded to club floor at no extra charge. Very comfortable beds. We requested connecting rooms and the staff was happy to accommodate us with no problem. Wish the bathroom doors locked...just needed that extra privacy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for all of your kind comments regarding your recent stay. My team and I LOVE to hear from our guests! We hope to have the opportunity to be your home away from home the next time you are in the area!

MichaP
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel appears to be nice and clean but when I turned back the sheets I saw 5 stains all over the sheets and comforter. Also when I went to take a shower there were even more stains on the towels. I think they probably do not wash properly. The restaurants was very good! The front desk staff was nice! But please do something about the dirty linens.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Without comments such as yours, this would not allow me to make our hotel a better place to stay. Please know that I take all of your comments / concerns very seriously and have addressed them with the team to make future improvements.

Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Tub faucet ran all the time like a river - loudly! Room was dirty - had a used rubber glove on the floor, bed pillow on floor after room was made up- behind chair, but in full view. Bed spread dirty with "red and brown stains". We felt very apprehensive on staying in room.

Informed housekeeping at 5:30 PM, and upon returning at 10 PM they never cleaned up or fixed the problems. Manager was surprised that employee sent to check on conditions we found deplorable left without picking up glove and pillow. Had to call for towels every day. Flies always present in all rooms and restaurant- fought a battle to just eat the food. Food was good- but crab cakes were not- imitation crab or some other strange food was in there...

The whole place needs to be refurbished or updated and should be cleaned!!!.

Room Tip: Don't believe you will find a "good room" - all our friends that stayed for business t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Without comments such as yours, this would not allow me to make our hotel a better place to stay. I will take all of your comments / concerns to the team for improvements and resolution.

Anadarko, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed overnight while at a seminar at the Conference Center next door. At first glance it was an impressive high rise hotel of perhaps late 80's vintage but it generally looked like it was ready for a refurb. The reception desk only had one staff member working at 4.00pm leading to a line of about six people waiting to check in. The elevator's shiny metal cabin was actually quite dull and had oily marks on it where fluids had leaked (from the elevator roof?). The door to my room was scuffed and marked. The bathroom was unremarkable apart from the two louvre doored entry. Bed was comfortable and flat screen TV acceptable - but simple things like the hotel folder with info, TV channels, local directions, etc. was crumpled and puckered as if someone had spilled water over the pages and then allowed them to dry. Finally, the restaurant was acceptable and affordable, with the exception of the steak that there were asking $32 for! About 10 of us ate there, but I wished I'd got downstairs just 5 minutes earlier and gone out to the local Logans with the remainder of our group.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
To our Guest from Anadarko,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay. Without comments such as yours, this would not allow me to make our hotel a better place to stay. We have many scheduled hotel updates taking place this year, the elevators being a project that will begin this fall. We do hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Checked in at 11 pm so hotel had plenty of time to get room ready. There was no bath towels in room, tried to call front desk but both phones did not work. Bath tub spout leaked all night. When I checked out the lady at front desk asked if I enjoyed stay, I said No. She did not ask what was wrong, what happened, what needs to be fixed. Nothing. Why did she even ask if she did not care? Also I asked for queen beds, they have none. Maid woke us up at 10 am.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jana M
To our Guest from Memphis,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay. Without comments such as yours, this would not allow me to make our hotel a better place to stay. Please know that I take your comments very seriously and will address them with my team to ensure these issues are resolved quickly.

Thank you again for your time.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was a awful experience for us. We usually like to stay at Sheraton because we trust the name. Our reservations were for 3 nights however we left after the first night. The hall on the 2nd floor was very dirty and smelled of sewage. In our room the restroom was filthy. It was obvious that it had not been mopped for a while. There were holes in the wall and peeling wallpaper. That was just the bathroom. the beds were awful lumpy and hard . When we came in around 10:30pm there was a man lottering outside of our room. The first day we were there we made our way to the pool only to find out that it was out of order. We were told that it would be working by the next day. When we checked the next morning they said it would be open in as few minutes. 2 hours later they said they were not sure when it would be open. When I went to address my issue with the clerk she told me I could just check out. So I did just that! I went next door to the HAMPTON INN.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 214 and ask if all accommodations are in service
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank wendynews

Thank you again for your feedback.

Micha P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Best Western Plus Midwest City Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Sheraton Midwest City Hotel? Share your experiences!