“A good lodging experience close to Tinker AFB”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
“A good lodging experience close to Tinker AFB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

It seems like some folks really like this hotel while some had a less than satisfactory experience. Quite a range!!! We would be in the first group as we were very pleased with our stay. Our suite was large, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast was above average and the WiFi worked just fine. We did not hear the planes from Tinker AFB but we did hear the noise from the freeway from our 2nd floor room so I would suggest that people request an even numbered room so as to be on the rear of the hotel away from the freeway. I think that having the pets congregated on one floor makes good sense for everyone and this would be a policy that management should enforce. Al in all a good lodging experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce A
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review. As with everything different people have different views and we are happy that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel. We enjoy having pets visit us also and they have their own special 4th floor.

Please visit us any time you are in the area and bring your pet if you have one. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Have a good week.

Sincerely

Director 0f Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tomball, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Where do I start????? The first room I was assigned had hairs in the bed. YES!!! The young man at the registration desk was very accommodating and assigned me to another room that was considered an upgrade. This room did not have hairs in the bed, but the upholstered chair was so dirty and grungy feeling, I put a towel in the chair to sit in it. The carpet was so dirty that I threw away the socks I had worn in the room. The coffee packets that were provided were not correct for the coffee maker. The coffee maker was a 4-cup put but the coffee packets were for single cup coffee makers. I assumed this was done in an effort to save money. Then at breakfast the next morning, the juice glasses were the tiny measuring cups that are used for the waffle machine. Again, I assumed this was in an effort to cut costs. I chose a biscuit and was very sorry I did so. The biscuit was stale and on the verge of being moldy. I am an experienced cook, so I know when bread has that old, old, old taste. While sitting in the breakfast area I saw people coming down with huge dogs. I feel that the hotel is not cleaned properly after seeing several dogs. I will not stay at this hotel again and probably not at any in this chain that are pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

3 Thank Donna E
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry for the bad experience you had with us. We appreciate your review and will look into the issues that you had. We will also involve the department managers so that these problems may be resolved. Thank you for writing.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed here because of the location, it's proximity to Tinker Air Force Base as well as reviews/overview of the hotel. Let me tell you it was not what I expected...I arrived on Friday evening with my family and dog, and I was completely embarrassed as soon as I walked into the room which was located on the 2nd floor. As we walked in the first thing we noticed were how damp and dirty the floors were. I continued to look around and noticed the wall next the the a/c unit was falling apart. The sheets on the bed as well as the bathroom were not clean. The sheets had stains and the bathroom was not clean at all. I felt disgusted and went down to talk to the clerk in which he apologized and rebook us in a executive suite located on the 1st floor. The executive suite was a little better; however, it still did not feel clean. If your wondering how dirty the floors were, the floors were so dirty that the bottom of our white socks were litteraly black from walking around in the room. Needless to say I did not sleep well that night. The next day as I was outside in the parking lot my wife was approached by the gentlemen which worked maintenance at the hotel. He asked my wife "why was there a dog in the 1st floor," my wife attempted to explain to him our situation. As he was leaving he mumbled "I will look further into why you have a dog in this room because dogs are supposed to be kept on the 4th floor." Upon hearing this I went up to the front and asked to speak to the manager about the incounter my wife had and informed the clerk that I was checking out and not planing to stay for the remainder of my reservation. The clerk again apologized and explained the situation to the manager. The manager informed the clerk that I could receive a refund for the upcoming night; however, the manager never once spoke to me nor did he apologize for the lack of professionalizm from his employee. To further clarify after booking my reservation with this hotel I called and informed them that I was going to bring a dog. I was told that it was fine and that they would make a note of it. Apparently they only put those with animals on the 4th floor. I have traveled a lot in the past both personal and professional. I have never written a review until now; however, I believe those that are potentially booking with this hotel are aware of its big issues. My family and I rebooked with a hotel which was located a block away. We were completely satisfied with that hotel as well as with their prices.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank AOR03
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing the review. We apologize for your unhappy experience while staying at the hotel. However, it helps us to correct the issues when our guests lets us know about the problems you have encountered so that we may make it a better place for our guests..
Thanks again for the review.

Denton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for a Family Reunion, the hotel was easy to locate had a very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was excellent, and they were convienently located close to all of our weekend activities. The room was spacious we had a kitchenette, couch chair and two double beds. The only problem I had was the room could use a little refreshing, somewhat of a stale smell mainly in the bathroom.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing front great location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed everything along with seeing your family at the reunion.We hope if you are in the area again that you will visit with us, you are always welcome.

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'm a flight attendant and am spoiled by Crowne, Holiday Inn, Renaissance, and crazy resorts... This room was booked by my Hotel Tonight app. Great attention to detail, the manager that checked me in was great! There was another gentleman helping the manager get me checked in quick. I was upgraded to a suite with a large tv, fridge, microwave and a stove. The front desk was very hospitable everytime we walked by. The elevators were super fast. If i'm in OKC again i will definatley consider this place again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and especially the front desk hospitality. We strive to make our guest feel at home when they are with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Have a good week!

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Midwest City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really liked the rooms. Comfortable place to work if needed. Internet connection was excellent. Breakfast was simple, coffee decent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Their local knowledge of the area was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.Glad you like our coffee! We appreciate your staying with us and hope you will be back soon! Be sure to sign up for Wyndham Rewards and receive free rooms,gifts, food, and more! Thank again!

DIrector of Sales
Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotels was clean and the breakfast was excellent. Manager's reception was very good. Great Value. Staff was very friendly and polite. They always greeted you with a smile. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your choosing Hawthorn Suites and hope you will return often.You are always welcome.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#4 of 10 in Midwest City
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb? Share your experiences!