“US Roadtrip Stop #3”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Melbourne, Australia
“US Roadtrip Stop #3”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

Normally I would give a nice clean king suite like this a 4, however the surroundings were woeful and let the place down - no dining options other than fast food and no nearby bars. It appears that Oaklahoma City has no effective public transport system to access downtown attractions, restaurants or bars for those that may like a drink. Don't bother trying to get a taxi - we waited an hour and a half.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hotelsurveyqueen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Three of us stayed 2 nights. Not bad, not great.

The Good:
•Comfortable bed. Decent pillows.
•Size of the room was fine, and layout was pretty good. It's a one-room suite, but there's a barrier between the "bedroom" and "living room" sections (the business desk, w/ a room divider built in). We never felt crowded and had a modicum of privacy.
•Internet access was a breeze, free, worked well.
•Separate rooms for the toilet and the shower, allowing more than one person to use the bathroom at a time. Also, a separate sink in the toilet room.

The Bad:
•Loudest air conditioner I've ever heard, just feet from the bed. And it was HOT outside (109°), so the A/C never went off. It also never reached its target temperature, so while it was never hot in the room, it sure wasn't icy cold when we wanted it to be.
•Glass doors to the toilet and shower/sink rooms. Yes, they're frosted glass, but you could see anything a foot or so away. Seriously, what were they thinking? *Glass* doors to the bathroom?
•They knew there were 3 of us coming, knew we needed the sofa bed. But it wasn't made up when we arrived. We called. They said, oh, go ahead and make it up yourself, there are linens in the closet. There was 1 flat sheet in the closet, nothing else. And I know it's not an expensive hotel, but should we really have to make up our own bed?
•Lobby reeks of chlorine from the indoor swimming pool. We didn't have the breakfast, which looked pretty good, but not sure I could have eaten much with the smell.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LAGirl772
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert in OKC. When I arrived, my room wasn't ready and I was told that it would be about an hour and to check back. That would have been no problem, except there really wasn't anyplace to wait. The lobby was being cleaned and it felt like the a/c was off. Uncomfortable. I sat down there anyway and did some stuff on my computer. I watched others check in, and finally decided to ask why my room wasn't ready yet. The parking lot was completely empty. The front desk person "forgot" that I was sitting there waiting. Other than that, the room was clean and it was a nice layout to get some work done or just to relax. The bed was clean and comfortable and I liked how the shower/sink area was seperate from the toilet area. If there were two people, that would come in handy. Breakfast in the morning was okay, food was plentiful.

Room Tip: The first floor was a little noisy right by the parking lot. If you are wanting to sleep late,ask f...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Santa Monica, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had the worst stay here when we came out in July last year! The staff were so rude to us! We were on a road trip cross country and had our dog with us. We dropped off the dog at my husband's brother's home in Moore before staying at this hotel. But during our stay, the housekeeper yelled at me because she had seen one of the dog's food bowl with our luggage and made an assumption we had brought the dog in the room. Then we got calls from the staff wanting to come do immediate inspections while my 3 year old daughter was napping. I told them to also check the video cameras throughout the hotel to believe us but apparently they didn't want to go through the trouble.

We also left my laptop charger there and called several times to see if they would scan the room for us and call us back. They never called us back no matter how many times we called them. I think it's because they never believed us about the dog and felt like they had the right to totally disregard our request.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Hannah M
Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Stayed here while attending my Daughters graduation from Oklahoma University. Really enjoyed the place. It has a great gym and an indoor lap pool. The rooms were clean and newer and they had a free full breakfast in the morning. Can't beat that.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank bluzguy
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

It's located right off I-35, 10 miles S of OKC. We booked a Queen suite and got one on the top floor (4th). The room has a mini fridge, microwave, separate shower/toilet and a sitting area with a small L-shape sofa. Everything is fine except for the loud individual A/C unit right next to the bed. I've been to places like Hampton and Courtyard where those units are much quieter. Continental breakfast is served each AM at the lobby. There is an indoor pool and exercise room on the ground floor that require keycard access. Wireless WiFi is complimentary, speed is decent. The suite also comes with an i-pod dock next to the bed. Overall it's a functional room.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, away from the elevator
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank banjo518
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Due to a flood in our rental property we had to stay in the Springhill for 3 nights while it dried. Yes the hotel has a very retro feel, but it is very clean and nicely furnished. I have a 6 month old son and was able to use the living area to put his pack n play so he could nap during the day. I for one love our King bed and so to have one in the hotel was a big plus. The only drawback was the fact that there was not bath only a shower which made bath time for my son a little bit more difficult but managable.
All in all very nice would definatly recomend for familys.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family