“A nice cafe with great food”

Hummus Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #8 of 149 Restaurants in Moore
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Very good food and a quaint little cafe. Great service, fresh food, and just generally nice people. Highly recommend the gyro plate and chicken kabob with vermicelli rice.

1  Thank Spwilson13

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Immaculately clean, low-key modern layout, superb wait-staff and don't forget the food...don't ever forget the food...it is absolutely delicious. In town for a week visiting family and we have eaten here twice. My favorite (so far) is the Combo Platter - a beef skewer and a chicken skewer over a bed of perfect rice and Baba-Ghannouj as a dipping sauce (others available - this is my fave)...fills me up and costs $12. Great service, good portions and wonderful taste...everything a restaurant strives for...Hummus does not disappoint.

1  Thank Papa_Llebre
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We've eaten at Hummus six times. Without fail, each time has been excellent. Sometimes the service is slow, but that's okay when the food is so good. Kabobs take a long time to cook.

My wife and I eat Mediterranean food all over the country (she hasn't been to the Mediterranean, but I have), and this restaurant, in our backyard, is one of the best we have found. Try the Muhammara, a pureed roasted red pepper dish sort of like hummus. It is my wife's new favorite food. The hummus is good, not the best we've ever had, but is never less than good. Often it is excellent.

I always have the chicken kabobs. (Hummus spells it "kabab.") In many Mediterranean food restaurants, the chicken is less than quality grade and/or overcooked. At hummus, I've always received kabobs that are all white meat, not overcooked, and very flavorful. Sometimes I've gotten the combination plate that has a ground beef kabob (Kofta kabab) and it is excellent as well.

Ordinarily, the rice served with a meal would not warrant too much comment. But when you've had bad rice somewhere, you remember it. Likewise, when the rice is outstanding, you remember it, too. Hummus uses vermicelli rice, and I LOVE it. It is the perfect texture and wonderfully flavorful. I now prefer this kind of rice with all my Mediterranean food. Ask for an extra slice of grilled tomato (and ask them to over-grill the tomato), and chop in into your rice, Persian-style. It is excellent. Were I vegetarian like my wife, the rice-tomato dish would be my mainstay.

We've always been way too full for dessert, so look elsewhere for recommendations on that.

Our only complaint is that they take the orders on iPhones (or iTouch things), which sometimes slows down the server as they try to correctly type into their system our special requests. But, hey, essentially the same thing happens at other places when servers leave the table to go enter the order into a remote terminal. Hummus should just write down the order and turn around and hand it into the kitchen.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We invited my sister and brother-in-law for dinner and a movie New Year's Eve. Because we were going to the movie,, my brother-in-law chose a restaurant close to the Warren. It was perfect. Having lived in Turkey for seven years, my sister and her husband could not believe how authentic and delicious the food was. My husband and I loved it, as well. The big plus is that the price was great. A true value. The restaurant itself is modest, so it is great for a casual, relaxed evening out. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Deborah R
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This restaurant was suggested by our office coordinator as a really neat place to go. Deciding to give it a try, 5 of us from the office including the person doing the recommending went to lunch. We were immediately greeted by one of the most respectable young men we had ever met. His service wowed us. He made suggestions, told us his favorites, told us a little about himself (just graduated high school-saving for college and had a neat old car) and then delivered the best Hummus I have ever had. The pita was fresh and warm and the remainder of lunch was just as good. This will definitely be on our lunch list.Date of visit was Wednesday July 24,2013. Thanks Hummus Mediterranean Cafe

2  Thank DRLR D

Been to Hummus Mediterranean Cafe? Share your experiences!