“Authentic Mexican Foods Cafeteria-style”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Supermercados Morelo's Taqueria
Ranked #24 of 139 Restaurants in Moore
Camdenton, Missouri
“Authentic Mexican Foods Cafeteria-style”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband kept urging me to try Morelo's Taqueria after he enjoyed breakfast there one day. Several months passed before we went together--to be honest, I didn't think eating inside a supermarket would be one of the best places to enjoy food of any cuisine, but I was so wrong. The supermarket has a nice bakery, cold case for an extensive array of soft drinks, and all the standard fare found in supermarkets except that many brands are familiar in Mexico, less familiar in the U.S. Tucked into the southwest corner is a taqueria and more than a dozen simple laminate booths for dining. Diners can find breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the cafeteria-style line where they can order fixed plates such as chile relleno with beans and rice or they can order single items from the prepared dishes on display. The tacos were among the best I've ever enjoyed. I tried each of three meats: chicken, beef and pork, each with Mexican crumbly yet moist white cheese, lettuce and tomato. On an earlier visit, I enjoyed the chile relleno--as good as the one prepared for me by the cook in place at a casa we rented near Sayulita, Mexico in 2010. My husband enjoyed the hearty beef soup with many whole vegetables stewed in the broth. On one of his earlier visits, he found an item he particularly enjoys and cannot order many places: tongue. He's also fond of the al pastore plate. The salsas are flavorful--as good as homemade because they are house-made. The service is prompt and efficient, and the food absolutely delicious because it's also fresh. Stop in, shop for groceries but stay to enjoy the taqueria. It's a treat.

• Visited September 2013