“Quaint, charming and inviting!”

Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Moore
Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a pleasant surprise! I have a long layover tonight, longer than usual. Reception was friendly, and efficient.
I was happy to see a nicely appointed gym. New and modern equipment. A laundry facility with complimentary dryer.
A little commissary area with free coffee, tea. All types of snacks and beverages as well as toiletries, all reasonably priced.

The room was a huge surprise. I thought maybe the rooms would be tired, but it was very wrong.

An extended stay set up with full refrigerator and dish washer. Not that I look forward to filling racks up with dishes when I'm away from home, but it's nice to have it if you need it. Dishes and silverware are clean and new, a pack of popcorn is in the microwave should you decide you'd like some.
Huge desk area, with flat screen tv and DVD player. A full movie library at the front desk, on an honor system. (must be an OK thing, that would never happen in NJ)
The bathrooms are spacious, modern and clean, nice amenities and everything in this hotel is set up with the guest in mind as well as their convenience. Many outlets and lighting that is bright enough where you need it.
It's a beautiful night in Oklahoma City tonight and being able to open the window, is not only rare in a hotel but it just made this great place even greater. Nice touch.

The beds are nice, not overly plush or impressive, but clean and comfortable.
There are many restaurants within walking distance, and it's close to the airport with shuttle service.
This property offers a complete and comfortable stay whether you're alone, a couple or with a family.
As a flight attendant,I'm in hotels sometimes three nights a week- I know a hotel who thinks like a guest, and whomever is in charge here makes sure you know you're welcome.
I appreciate that, and I think you will too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had two rooms reserved and was hoping (no guarantee) to be able to get connecting rooms, because I had my elderly mother with me and she is a nervous traveler. Actually, I am lucky to get her to ever go with me at all. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the connecting rooms. BUT... the manager went out of her way to not only give me one Platinum upgrade, but two! And, placed us directly across the hall from each other. Mom had a lovely kitchen and sitting area to entertain family who came to visit her while I was working all evening. She was hesitant at first, but quickly warmed to the accommodations once she realized how well she was set up for her stay. Thank you so much for the wonderful service and consideration you gave us.

The only suggestion I have is to provide at least one ice machine for guests to use until the ice maker can start working. And, make sure they are turned on from time to time, or left on. The ice that was produced during the period we were there tasted bad and ruined the drinks we put the ice in. I am sure was due to the stale water in the icemaker pipes/tubing. Other than that. Good job, and thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This property has the same appearance, comfort and amenities that are standard to any other Candlewoode Suites location. This has been my my preferred company for extended travel needs (multi-month stays) for the past two years and until this week I have never been disappointed.

My room was clean and well maintained. I had no need of assistance from their staff beyond the necessary check in and check out procedures. The non-management staff with which I interacted was courteous and cheerful. The management should take a lesson from their own employees.

I checked in after speaking with the manager on duty and came to an agreement with her for a lower, set price for the duration of my visits over the next three or more months. I called this morning to confirm with them my arrival in tomorrow to find they had not made the reservation (as agreed) and could not accommodate me. They said there were no rooms available. A quick check of their site showed a room available. I called and spoke to the general manager who was unapologetic, told me there were no rooms available and then told me they could give me a room at a higher rate.

I have advanced my concerns to IHG directly who confirmed there was a room (albeit one usually rented for a higher amount) and she spoke with the female manager I had made my agreement with. The woman said she has no recollection of me or my stay. IHG assured me this will be investigated and for the sake of future customer complaints about management I am hopeful they do as promised.

Needless to say, I will not be returning. In fact, a few calls to their competition in the area and I secured a better deal with a guarantee on a property with the same amenities and level of security.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TopazMonkey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear TopazMonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced and for any confusion regarding your reservation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Moore, Oklahoma and was very pleased with my stay. The lady at check-in was very helpful and also with check-out. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. The rooms have a full size kitchen and a flat screen TV. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and cozy.

Room Tip: suite away from highway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DiaGO77
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Spoiled in Clarksville, I guess. This location requires guests to exchange towels at the desk. Shampoo/conditioner combo included, along with soap. Only here for the weekend, and should not have assumed lotion would be in the room. Room was clean, except when we turned down the bed, there was hair between the sheets. A bag of popcorn in the microwave was a nice surprise. Not much interaction with the staff, but they seemed polite enough. Probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Warren Theater is a mile or so south. Lovely design.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TDShaw30
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear TDShaw30,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It is our regret that we were not able to execute an exemplary performance in these areas. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to spot problem zones and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Lera P

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This property is fair at best.
Upon our check-in the dead bolt lock was not working and neither was the ice maker. We informed the front desk the following day (we had to interrupt her as she was on her cellphone) and the day after that we had to ask again, as the repairs were not made!
The staff was nice EXCEPT, in our opinion, for the individual that calls himself the "General Manager AND Owner!"
He appeared rude and talked over us as we spoke to him regarding our account (plans to stay an additional night) and repairs! We also called down to the front desk to request a later check out time (which was granted) and then, 40 minutes later received a call from the "Owner/ General Manager" appearing very frustrated that we had not checked out and reminding us what time check out was! When we explained we had previously notified the front desk, we received no apology whatsoever! Just that he should fire his staff!!
His comment was if we were unhappy why did we stay 4 nights?!?! Quite a surprise response from an "Owner/ General Manager!"
He also ranted that he should fire people that work for him that do not do their job and do not communicate! Obviously, we didn't care to hear that as that appeared to be an internal issue! We were just the "guests!"
The front desk attempted to make up for his attitude and shortfalls!
Thus the comment.........as long as you don't have to deal with this individual, the stay is fair! If you do, best of luck!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Traveler252525
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Traveler252525,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for the problems you experienced in your room and regret the way your concerns were handled. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Very nice clean NEWER style hotel. Great pantry stock of food. All rooms large suites. Very comfortable bedding!! Front desk very friendly. Quick check in service. She even went to find our members number because we did not have it with us when checking in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business