“Clean, But Somewhat Concerned About Maintenance and Security”

Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Moore
“Clean, But Somewhat Concerned About Maintenance and Security”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed in this facility in a first floor single queen bed studio room for 3-nights. It was clean, and the staff were friendly. We were located on the end near an exit door, so we parked where we could conveniently go to and from our car using our access card. Although we could leave, we found that the card key device was not functioning, so we had to walk around the complex to get back in. We mentioned it to the clerk at the front counter, and he stated that it doesn't work sometimes, and it remained that way throughout our stay. We later noticed people placed small stones by the door jam to prop the door open when smoking, or loading and unloading, to ensure they could get back in. This raised a security concern for us.

The bed for this room configuration was only a foot from the wall, due to limited space, making it difficult for the person on that side to get in and out. This room was fine for one person, but probably not for two older adults. There seemed to be a lot of traffic noise, which frequently woke us up when loud vehicles passed by.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank voudan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear voudan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We only needed a room for the night, but will seek this place again for extended stays. The beds were firm and clean. The kitchenette was perfect for someone staying for awhile and the bathroom was spacious and had everything you needed, less conditioner. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating and even called our room when they discovered our teen had left her kindle in the lobby!!!

I'll be stating there again-bet on it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dragonflies501
El Cajon, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October 2013. It was good, here's some pros and cons

pros: Breakfast is complimentary and is good. There was 2 cereals, waffle maker, bagels, muffins, toast, scrambles eggs, sausage, juice, milk, and coffee. The staff was nice but nothing amazing. The location is good near the freeway and a gas station is close by. The room was spacious enough, even with putting up a pack n play.

The cons: It's 3 floor with no elevator, and even though we made reservations months in advance and included that there would be a child with us and we were staying for a week, they still put us on the 3rd floor and wouldn't move us. There aren't any places to eat very close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Somerset, NJ
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! I have a long layover tonight, longer than usual. Reception was friendly, and efficient.
I was happy to see a nicely appointed gym. New and modern equipment. A laundry facility with complimentary dryer.
A little commissary area with free coffee, tea. All types of snacks and beverages as well as toiletries, all reasonably priced.

The room was a huge surprise. I thought maybe the rooms would be tired, but it was very wrong.

An extended stay set up with full refrigerator and dish washer. Not that I look forward to filling racks up with dishes when I'm away from home, but it's nice to have it if you need it. Dishes and silverware are clean and new, a pack of popcorn is in the microwave should you decide you'd like some.
Huge desk area, with flat screen tv and DVD player. A full movie library at the front desk, on an honor system. (must be an OK thing, that would never happen in NJ)
The bathrooms are spacious, modern and clean, nice amenities and everything in this hotel is set up with the guest in mind as well as their convenience. Many outlets and lighting that is bright enough where you need it.
It's a beautiful night in Oklahoma City tonight and being able to open the window, is not only rare in a hotel but it just made this great place even greater. Nice touch.

The beds are nice, not overly plush or impressive, but clean and comfortable.
There are many restaurants within walking distance, and it's close to the airport with shuttle service.
This property offers a complete and comfortable stay whether you're alone, a couple or with a family.
As a flight attendant,I'm in hotels sometimes three nights a week- I know a hotel who thinks like a guest, and whomever is in charge here makes sure you know you're welcome.
I appreciate that, and I think you will too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had two rooms reserved and was hoping (no guarantee) to be able to get connecting rooms, because I had my elderly mother with me and she is a nervous traveler. Actually, I am lucky to get her to ever go with me at all. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the connecting rooms. BUT... the manager went out of her way to not only give me one Platinum upgrade, but two! And, placed us directly across the hall from each other. Mom had a lovely kitchen and sitting area to entertain family who came to visit her while I was working all evening. She was hesitant at first, but quickly warmed to the accommodations once she realized how well she was set up for her stay. Thank you so much for the wonderful service and consideration you gave us.

The only suggestion I have is to provide at least one ice machine for guests to use until the ice maker can start working. And, make sure they are turned on from time to time, or left on. The ice that was produced during the period we were there tasted bad and ruined the drinks we put the ice in. I am sure was due to the stale water in the icemaker pipes/tubing. Other than that. Good job, and thanks again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This property has the same appearance, comfort and amenities that are standard to any other Candlewoode Suites location. This has been my my preferred company for extended travel needs (multi-month stays) for the past two years and until this week I have never been disappointed.

My room was clean and well maintained. I had no need of assistance from their staff beyond the necessary check in and check out procedures. The non-management staff with which I interacted was courteous and cheerful. The management should take a lesson from their own employees.

I checked in after speaking with the manager on duty and came to an agreement with her for a lower, set price for the duration of my visits over the next three or more months. I called this morning to confirm with them my arrival in tomorrow to find they had not made the reservation (as agreed) and could not accommodate me. They said there were no rooms available. A quick check of their site showed a room available. I called and spoke to the general manager who was unapologetic, told me there were no rooms available and then told me they could give me a room at a higher rate.

I have advanced my concerns to IHG directly who confirmed there was a room (albeit one usually rented for a higher amount) and she spoke with the female manager I had made my agreement with. The woman said she has no recollection of me or my stay. IHG assured me this will be investigated and for the sake of future customer complaints about management I am hopeful they do as promised.

Needless to say, I will not be returning. In fact, a few calls to their competition in the area and I secured a better deal with a guarantee on a property with the same amenities and level of security.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TopazMonkey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear TopazMonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced and for any confusion regarding your reservation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Moore, Oklahoma and was very pleased with my stay. The lady at check-in was very helpful and also with check-out. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. The rooms have a full size kitchen and a flat screen TV. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and cozy.

Room Tip: suite away from highway