“Worst of the worst”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Worst of the worst”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've experienced my share of "borderline" hotels/motels in my travels, but this was without exception the worst. Filthy carpets, noisy a/c, ancient television, etc. Absolutely disgusting and the neighborhood was a little scary too after dark.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank mmcdowell

Couples
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Roaches. Filthy. Old. Unsanitary. Disgusting. Unbelievable.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank junebugstar

Travellers are raving about these Muskogee hotels

Country Club Plaza
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Where to begin.... This property appears to have been ready for condemnation and then suddenly re-opened with nothing but a little caulk and a thick coat of blue paint to cover the outsides of the peepholes on guestroom doors. Windows were broken out of some rooms, blue-painted waferboard covered others.

Enough highlights -- on to the opportunities for improvement...

The room offered a fridge, a microwave, and an alarm clock. Neither the microwave nor the alarm clock were fully functioning.

English may not have been the staff's second language, but it might have been as high as third or fourth.

Speaking of 'high', the "high-speed internet" was wireless, but the speed was anything but 'high'.

The pool was filthy and unfiltered, its pump was not running. The carpet appeared to have been vacuumed in a few places, but those places did not include the edges. If something didn't reek of stale tobacco smoke, that's because it had been doused with cheap, 'essence of artificial coconut' air freshener.

Saw a sign that read "Under New Management". Where is the old management? Doing hard time for impersonating a reputable establishment?

Understand that if my employer hadn't insisted, I wouldn't be caught dead within a 1/2 mile of this dump masquerading as a motel. Does that say more about the property or my employer? I'm thinking...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Plazite
New Orleans
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I should have heeded the online warnings, but my mom insisted on booking a hotel online. It's very difficult to get discounts at the other hotels, and she refuses to pay more than $60 a night for a room, which was irrelevant after all taxes were said and done.

This place used to be a Travelodge. Then the place turned into a Budget Host hotel. I'd seen this hotel before from earlier visits, and tried to warn my mom (who booked the room) against the place. She said the photos online looked fine. Well, these photos weren't completely off. The beds looked fine when we walked in, but there were other parts of the room that were shady.

I was in the bathroom when I looked up at the ceiling and noticed BLACK MOLD growing on the ceilings, clearly from where the upper shower had leaked, and they did not fix it. I probably should have complained, but I'm not good with confrontation, and instead decided that I would be cleaner not to shower, and sleep on top of the blankets.

The parking lot did NOT feel safe, and I hate to be discriminatory but there were quite a few characters walking about that made me want to leave.

I don't like to dole out scathing reviews. I wanted to give this place the benefit of the doubt, based on the photos posted online. DO NOT....I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE MY SAME MISTAKE. This place is disgusting and if you get suckered into staying here after reading my review, it is your own fault. I have seriously stayed in third world villages that are cleaner and safer than this place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Mobridge
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I was coming to Muskogee, Oklahoma for a briefing. Decided to stay at this Hotel. Little did I notice, that not all the rooms were ready for renting out. The pool had no cover over it, noticed no snack machine, the info in the book is misleading as my room wasn't where I could drive right up to my door like it says in the book, the room seemed to be nice, then the next morning, even though I had a sign saying "Do not Disturb', I noticed a gentleman opening my room totally ignoring the sign. He asked if I needed anything I told him no, he then proceeded to hand me the sign. If this is any sign of a Roach Motel for vagrants, druggies, homeless people, etc., it should send a signal that this place should not be operational until all the rooms are up and running and meet Oklahoma's City codes. And, if to make things worse, if you try and call the corporate office, they want the complaint in writing and they only inspect 10% of the hotel and leave it up to the owners as to how they run things and operate things. I don't intend on staying there and will pass this along to others.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
louisiana
Reviewed 13 June 2009

front desk was impolite and rude and said they did not allow pets but ad says they do. continental breakfast was a joke a banana and cereal lol. said they remodeled what a crock as the carpet was filthy and the beds had urine stains and sheets were never changed . no toilet paper and wash clothes and towels were never washed and could never get any given to your room . said they have a pool was never in service as they said they were being given time by the town inspector to get work done and rooms suppose to have fire extinguisher's and there were none . as far as the new room sign they need to take it down and the owner's the patel's need to give up the franchise name as it gives budget host inn a bad reputation. if u call it remodeling just patching up old holes and throwing trash carpet in a room good and mending things you have a lot more to learn about the hotel industry. also never book a week as u would want to leave as it is not fit for a dog to stay in and they will not refund money. signed, disappointed okie

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank miswats3
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 3 March 2008

I had to make a quick trip to Muskogee to visit a family member in the hospital. Since my mother insisted on paying for the hotel we needed to find an inexpensive property. Cheap is what we found. Don't be misled by the pictures posted - they look nothing like this motel.
The motel is under new management and they are trying to remodel but not quite getting the job done. Our room (recently finished) had no molding around the doors and no baseboards. There was no deadbolt or chain on the door. There's so much construction that everytime you walked in the door you brought debris in on your shoes. We found live and dead roaches. The pool outside our room was filled with nasty, sludgy water. Rooms all around us were in various stages of demolition.
There was no restaurant, no fitness center, no hair dryer, no continental breakfast, and no coffee for the in-room coffeemaker (but we were told we could buy our own!).
All that said, the management was very accomodating when we got to the room and my mother smelled smoke on the bedspreads. They brought new, still in-the-package blankets and bedspreads to replace those on the beds. They even changed the sheets while we watched.
Hopefully this will be a nicer place when they get a little further along in the renovations but I would not go back any time soon.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)