“Great hotel in Muskogee”

Hampton Inn Muskogee
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Oklahoma
“Great hotel in Muskogee”
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We booked this hotel since it was one of the few with rooms still available during the weekend we'd be at the Medieval Fair. Everything was great. Within 5 minutes of arriving in the room we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was OK and if we needed anything. We missed the free cookies due to our own fault. I really liked the location of the hotel: it is so close to a major road and lots of restaurants and stores, but not right smack in the middle of all the noise. It is a nice, quiet location. Beautiful property, too. We thought the continental breakfast was good, but they did run out of the kids' favorite yogurt. We will definitely book this hotel for our next visit to the area. It was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wherever the Army sends us
Reviewed 19 February 2009

The Hampton Inn in Muskogee greatly exceeded our expectations. Traveling with a toddler is not easy and the hotel we choose can make or break a trip for us. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have EVER slept on (and we travel a lot)! The room was quite large (big enough to set up our pack 'n' play and not be tripping over it). The minifridge had a small freezer compartment, which we needed. The bathroom was spacious and nice. Everything was clean and tidy (and I'm a neat freak). We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. We all had a full night of uninterrupted sleep (which is rare for us in a hotel with our daughter). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great! They even had a little bookcase in the lobby which had a stack of children's books at the bottom, which was nice because my daughter was tired of all of hers that we had brought. We didn't get to enjoy the pool, but we saw a lot of other children swimming and it looked like a very nice facility as well (indoor and heated). Overall, very satisfied and wouldn't stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MilitaryMomma
grossmutteroklahoma
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We had to spend the night because my husband was scheduled for an early outpatient surgery appointment the next morning. I turned the covers back and discovered pieces of a donut between the top sheet and the duvet cover! This clearly shows that the linens could not have been changed but just straightened out, yuk!! I have always heard about hotels doing this, but I sure did not think Hampton Inn would be one of them. This is totally unacceptable, how dare to not double check their cleaning personnel and see that this is done EVERY day! I was outraged and the hotel desk clerk came to see for herself. I stripped all the lines and had her bring me new ones, and I changed the bed linens myself at 11:30 at night. I asked for a refund on our credit card and they accomodated us. But I will not be staying there anymore. From now on I will take our own pillows and blankets. Unreal, isn't it??

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank grossmutteroklahoma
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We stayed here one night on 7/21/08 and was pleased with everything about the hotel.

The check-in clerk was very friendly, and informative. When asked about ant good "local" place to eat she referred us to "Miss Addie's Tea Room & Pub." We had an outstanding dinner there, and will definately return for a second meal as soon as possible.

Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. Everything functioned properly, the A/C was quiet (not always the case in many hotels), and the A/C fan had a continuous run setting so it didn't cut on & off during the night. The bed was just so-so, but the pillows were very comfortable.

There was a complementary bottle of water & cookies in the room, and a complementary USA Today outside our the next morning.

The morning breakfast was excellent, including breakfast buritos which were a treat.

Dogs were not allowed at this hotel which is a big plus for us.

• Liked — Dogs were NOT allowed in this hotel. (A real plus).
  • Disliked — The bed was a little to hard. I would still come back to this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We were traveling through Oklahoma on the way to Dallas. We spent one night at the Hampton Inn. Good location with easy access to the highway. Nice indoor pool. Rooms were comfortable and clean.
The breakfast was okay but there was NO COFFEE! The coffee maker was broken and apparently there was no backup.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — NO COFFEE
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki D
Crowley, TX
Reviewed 27 June 2008

We found this hotel to be clean and the staff was wonderful. Unfortunately, there were baseball teams staying at the hotel (and they were VERY noisy running up/down halls, in the room above us, slamming doors, talking loudly, etc.) I did have to call the front desk twice because of the noise, but they addressed the situation both times. The first time brought a little relief from the noise for a short while; then it started again. The 2nd time though the groups quieted down. I do not hold this against the hotel because it was certainly not their fault - kids/groups are generally just noisy. The manager certainly was more than FAIR in respect to our bill because of our being inconvenienced. I appreciate that greatly -- a lot of hotels would not care. We will stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Liked — Accomodating Staff & Cleanliness
  • Disliked — (Noisy guests - but not the hotel's fault)
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TXLuv2Travel
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 22 April 2008

When I go to viist grandchildren, I stay in Muskogee. Kids can come visit me, while mom and dad can have some time alone. This is a great place for me and the kids to go swimming and to enjoy breakfast together the next morning. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast had lots to offer and plenty of room for us to all sit together. This is the best place I've stayed while visiting in Muskogee. I will go there again.

• Liked — Greeting at the front desk
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo