“Home-Made Quality You Can Taste”

Amish Country Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Muskogee
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A small Cracker Barrel type store with a restaurant and store combined together. Lots of home made fudge, candies and Amish snacks. Home made fried pies, bread, pies, cakes. Cinnamon rolls The restaurant has a full menu with home made rolls, roast beef, chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings are a favorite. A banquet room is available for large groups
Ludowici Georgia
“Home-Made Quality You Can Taste”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My dad and I stopped in here the morning we were leaving for Missouri. It was a Rainy day but the sweet smell of fresh baking bread, cookies, pies, and hot coffee seeping out from that little store put a smile on our faces. Inside were all manner of home made goodies, jams, jellies, preserves, cook books, aprons, t-shirts, magnets, lots of souvenirs(yes, I got a t-shirt and magnet lol), and beverages. I loved the quaint little store's decorations on the walls. There was also a dinning room in the back of the store with the smells of early lunch being prepped and prepared. I especially loved the chocolate and peanut butter concoctions. My dad couldn't resist buying a mini loaf of pumpkin bread, fried apple pie, and fudge. We also loved that we were the only ones in at that time and could look at everything at a slow pace, no one rushing us. The employees were super friendly and helpful when getting the t-shirt I wanted down from the ceiling.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MariefromGeorgia

Palmetto, Florida
“Better off with a frozen dinner”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Despite the friendly service and country store this was not a true Amish restaurant. The green beans came from a can, the mashed potatoes were. Instant, and the iced tea tasteless. The meats were ok but the meals were not worth the price or the stop at this restaurant. If in the area find something else. A selection from the grocery deli counter would be a better use of your money.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Phil G
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was pretty good. The store has a whole lot of different foods like jellies, cheeses & candies. Some items are a little pricey though. We did enjoy our lunch visit.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great food great service big selection of fudge and candy . Lots and lots to choose from . Very easy to find the best part i thought was the home made chicken and dumplings the tasted just like the ones my grandma use to make . I know that i will be back to eat again with friends and family for sure . Be sure to stop by and check out the daily specials

1 Thank Raymond C
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“One Miserable Experience!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After eating lunch there earlier today, I'm honestly struggling with where to begin... The service was miserable, understaffed, ineffecient, and far from friendly. Then, the entire afternoon went to Hell in a hand basket, our food arrived at the table. I had ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, with sides of green beans, and mashed potatoes. Let's start with the entree, undercooked, incredibly tough to chew, and void of any flavor. It was covered in a powdered gravy mix, that was also lacking any flavor. The most annoying thing about this gravy, is the menu describes it as a 'Homemade Sawmill Gravy.' The grean beans seemed very familiar, as they surely came out of a can. The mashed potatoes? Well, we won't even make an attempt to describe the disgusting pile of lukewarm, 'mashed potatoes'.

The worst part about this trip, was I paid $35 for dinner for two. My wife, and every woman I've ever been around, prepares more quality food than this on a daily basis. The Amish Country Store Restaraunt is a cheap hustle. Basic at best.

• Visited May 2014