“Awful unprofessional staff”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Starkville, Mississippi
“Awful unprofessional staff”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We checked in on 7/20/12 and paid cash instead of charging our credit card. The next day we learned that they had charged our credit card for the 2 nights as well. We were lied to from checking in to checking out. I repeatedly tried to explain to her that the card HAD been charged and she continued to argue that it hadn't. I was then told that it was nothing she could do about. What she didn't know was that two other front desk employees had already told us that they would just refund our cash. When I inquired about the refund, I was told that they could not do it if they wanted to because they didn't have enough money in the drawer to do a refund of that amount. Jyll continued to scold us about paying with cash and how they are the only hotel that will even take cash payments instead of credit card. After 45 minutes of nonsense, Jyll says well I can try to RUN the card again. Then she reaches in the drawer which they claimed they didn't have enough cash in and finally refunds our money.
To add insult to injury, Jyll was overheard talking about me at least 3 times after giving us the refund, once by my daughters, once by another family member who was sitting in lobby eating breakfast and once myself. I overheard her on the phone, saying I just went ahead and gave her the refund because she would not take no for an answer. Jyll was very rude and unprofessional to say the least.

Room Tip: Don't use Laquinta
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Upon arrival we experienced a timely check-in.The room was clean room and spacious with comfortable king size bed. Well worth the money. The contiential breakfast was about average, but better than some other hotels. Overall a good place to stay in Muskogee.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Everything from the time we entered to the time we left was done right. Personal in all areas new how to make you feel as thought you were at home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

KansasCIty
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Room could have been cleaner, someones clothes from before us were still in the dresser. The bathroom needed a little TLC the grout was a little redish around the base of the toilet and some of the wall paper was peeling off. The cleaning staff was friendly. The pool had an echo out of this world, sound panels might help with this. There was a Base Ball tournament and the youth inculding our kids, were so loud my hubby and I sat outside the pool and watched our kiddos from the windows. The pillows are super soft if you like a firm pillow you may include one from home among your luggage. The breakfast spread was nice but the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was cold, they ran out of deviled eggs at 8:30 a.m. The breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful and she kept things tidy. There was a band playing in the Lounge Friday night, we did not go but this is a great form of entertainment for adult guests.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My company booked me and some fellow employees for a two week stay at La Quinta. I have to say that it was one of the most enjoyable stays that I have had. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and most accommodating. The rooms were exceptionally clean and met all of my needs for the two week stay. I can not say enough about the breakfast each morning. I just would like to thank everyone for a pleasant stay. I highly recommend anyone to just drop in or plan an extended stay with La Quinta.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I loved this hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, trust worthy housekeeping, always important to me. This is a good pick for your stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo